Grease is the inspiration

Col Man

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 01:03 pm
Link : http://uk.news.yahoo.com/041010/344/f4a79.html

A Grease fan whose love of the film inspired the name of her business Crease Lightning has been named winner of a national competition.

Judy White scooped a £5,000 prize for coming up with Britain's Best Business Name.

The 35-year-old mother of two said her laundry and ironing service was named in tribute to the John Travolta film.

She said: "I came up with the name because I am a massive Grease fan - I even wear my hair like Olivia Newton-John does in the movie."

Ms White, a sales adviser for an insurance firm, launched her business from her home in Bradley Stoke, Bristol, earlier this year.

She said: "It has just really taken off. Some people like to do the cleaning themselves but can't cope with ironing. Sometimes the thought of having to do the Sunday night ritual of ironing is just too much."

Among the other 13 finalists picked from regional heats were a Birmingham greengrocer's store called Melon Cauli; a photographer from Berkshire called Flash Gordon; and the Newcastle corporate entertainment company Amp & Decks.

Richard Duggleby, spokesman for Yellow Pages which ran the competition, said: "Crease Lightning caught the judges' attention with its witty tribute to a well-loved film."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 403 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Tidewaterbound

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 03:26 pm
LOL....

And I thought this was about the grease in the foods we eat....that help the vitamins we eat dissolve better.

Just read that and wondered why
0 Replies