Burger 'king' sets a new record

Col Man

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 01:01 pm
Link : http://uk.news.yahoo.com/041010/344/f4a78.html

Spurred on by shouts of "shove it in, shove it in," 19-year-old Ezra Nicholas set a world record by stuffing more than three McDonald's hamburgers into his mouth -- without swallowing -- at the close of Singapore's contest to be the world's wackiest.

Nicholas jumped up, pumped his fists in the air and shouted "Yes! I am the Burger King!" as he spat out the last bits of the three-and-one-fifth burgers that could put him in the Guinness Book of World Records.

"I just thought to myself, I've got to do this, I've got to do this," Nicholas said. "I'm on top of the world right now, because everyone's going to know that I can shove more than three burgers in my mouth!"

The previous burger-stuffing record was set in 1998 by American Johnny Reitz, who squeezed three into his mouth without spitting or swallowing.

Twenty Singaporeans attempted to smash 10 unusual records and put the tiny island nation on the map. But they only broke two.

Fifty-year-old Jeffery Koh became the world's fastest eater of dry biscuits by swallowing three cream crackers in a mere 14.45 seconds, smashing the previous mark of 49.15 seconds set by Britain's Ambrose Mendy in 2002.

But other attempts over the weekend failed, ranging from the fastest to drink a 14-ounce bottle of ketchup through a straw to the longest paper airplane flight.

Koh said his biscuit-eating efforts had left blisters in his mouth, hampering his burger-stuffing abilities. He could only stuff a little more than two burgers in his mouth before gagging and spitting them out.

Contestants also fought to do the most push-ups in a minute, pick up the most Smarties with plastic chopsticks in the fastest time, talk the fastest backward, make the longest paper doll chain and say the most words in a minute.

Four judges were flown in from Australia and all record-breaking feats will be submitted to the Guinness Book of Records.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 776 • Replies: 14
No top replies

husker

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 01:06 pm
ready to try - LOL
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 01:10 pm
I can eat fifty eggs.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 01:11 pm
Rocky Mountain Oysters anyone?
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 01:13 pm
Shocked far out edgar Exclamation
maybe you should ring the guiness book of records if you can eat em quick you could be in for a place in history Wink
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 01:14 pm
Oh, wait; that wasn't me. It was Cool Hand Luke. Sorry.
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 01:19 pm
Smile
0 Replies

Tidewaterbound

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 03:22 pm
husker wrote:
Rocky Mountain Oysters anyone?

you first! Very Happy
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 03:24 pm
i have to admit..when i was younger my dad and uncle were cooking something that smelled so good..turned out to be RMO...i've been traumatized ever since...lol
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 01:55 pm
um whats a rocky mountain oyster?
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 02:14 pm
Col, I hate to have to be the one to tell you about this delicacy, but here's a link to a recipe.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 02:39 pm
That recipe acts faster than ice water. Very Happy
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 03:17 pm
eek Shocked far out Exclamation

thanks mac11
now i understand....

the horror

we have something here in UK too similar they call it 'sweetbread' or sweetmeat' or something like that
i remember being sat with my parents as a child while they ate it and being tempted to have some but thankfully i asked them what it was first...
god to think i came that close to eating something like that
yuk Razz
Very Happy
0 Replies

Don1

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 01:38 am
Col Man wrote:
um whats a rocky mountain oyster?

Bulls testicles Confused
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 03:40 pm