Does he care

Ettamae

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2016 03:39 pm
Okkk. This may sound crazy but I have to know. First, When I was hospitalized, and discharged he called, and sounded concerned. A while afterwards, we had our first argument, I said "goodbye!" and hung up (he had threatened to not speak to me when I go through my emotional self, and he carried it out by saying he doesn't want to speak with me again, so not being one to intimidate I told him "Fine! Goodbye!). He called twice afterwards, I refused to take his calls. The next day he apologized.
But still not certain, I decided to test him by texting him about a situation I had with a female friend that he doesn't know of. He got back to me in what I consider a pretty decent time frame, saying he'll call me. He did. He gave me his opinion of the situation, I thanked him.
Maybe I'm not seeing things as I should, but dued to past abusive relationships, I feel I can't let my guard down.
What do you guys think? Does he care?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 870 • Replies: 31

Skeleton

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2016 03:47 am
@Ettamae,
I'm sure he does. Couples fight and get mad at each other from time to time, but he apologized so it wouldn't hurt to make up.
jespah

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2016 08:37 am
@Ettamae,
Maybe he does, but the whole hang-up/not speaking to you for the stupidest of reasons is passive-aggression at its finest.
0 Replies

Ettamae

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2016 04:21 pm
@Skeleton ,
Thank you. But we did make up...I think. I say "I think" because now he's MIA for three days now. The night we made up, he asked for a picture of me. I sent it (we're long distance). He responded. That same night he asked about my marital status, etc. Prior to those questions he said how good it was to hear my voice, etc. Yes, he was getting mushy, lol, therefore making me blush.
But now, like I said, he's been MIA for three days. I don't understand any of it! Oh and as far as the picture is concerned, it was one taken while I was in public, therefore made up. Sooo, because what he really wanted was a natural selfie, I took one last night and sent it. No response.
jespah

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2016 04:26 pm
@Ettamae,
Yeah, he is sounding more passive-aggressive.
Ettamae

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2016 06:31 pm
@jespah,
Hmmm, that's an interesting comment. "He's passive aggressive." I don't understand. Are you saying that because he's MIA that evidence of him being passive aggressive? And if that's what you're saying it's okay. I just don't understand it.
0 Replies

Skeleton

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2016 07:40 pm
@Ettamae,
He could just be busy. I know sometimes I go a few days without texting anyone just because I need a break. All I can say is be patient
Ettamae

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2016 11:57 pm
@Skeleton ,
"Be patient." Well, a girlfriend kinda like blew up at me a little for that very thing. She even went as far as saying she couldn't be my man, lol,
I'm just so not used to him acting like this. I texted another gf that I'm giving him one week. She nearly came through my tablet! (What are friends for eh, but to set you straight).
So ok, I'll be patient.
But for how long?
Skeleton

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2016 12:26 am
@Ettamae,
A week sounds good. If he hasn't gotten back to you by then, track him down and ask what gives. You know where he lives right?

I'm a more patient person, I would probably wait as long as it took to get a response. But I understand I'm some kind of dragonborn, not everyone can wait that long, so I say give him a week.

If you do end up having to track him down in person, he better have a good explanation, and if he says he went "no contact" for some reason, then there's a problem
Ettamae

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2016 01:38 am
@Skeleton ,
Yep. He got one week, then I'm done! Yes, this hurts, a lot, thinking about what I might have to do yet disrespect will not be tolerated.
What I'm amazing too was last month, he wanted me to do something at a day/time that would greatly inconvenience me. He said "I want you to call such and such now." I told him I couldn't. He asked why not. And because knowing if I said I cant, etc it wouldn't be enough, I said "because I'm going out."
OMG! All of a sudden he barked "WHERE ARE YOU GOING!"? Of course I took offense and asked him "why are you questioning me? I don't question you!" We were on the phone.
I literally don't get any of this. He said, when we met, that he's looking for a wife, wife number three. I was told by an online relationship person that he's not ready. Yet I defended him...like an idiot.
Skeleton

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2016 02:13 am
@Ettamae,
It sounds like he didn't respect you too much.
Ettamae

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2016 08:57 pm
@Skeleton ,
Well guess what? I called his mother today, and though she didn't appear too enthused to hear my voice, she said she was feeling "so so." So I asked her what's wrong and all she said was "I rather not discuss it." I had to respect her wishes so I let it drop. But it was enough to let me know something is wrong for she ALWAYS tell me something is wrong with her even if she doesnt say much. What has this to do with bf?
This, although it took a gf to bring it to my attention. Back in past October when she was in the hospital, and he went on this same exact silence. Nothing! He wouldn't answer the phone, text, nothing! Soooo, Im thinking, as my smart gf brought out, something's terribly wrong with momma.
So I called him tonight, left a vm saying that I'll be here if he wants to talk no matter the time or day.
I went online and found a few similar situations about bf pushing their ladies away during that time of grief. Technically speaking I don't get any of it but it is what it is.
Ettamae

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2016 10:30 pm
@Ettamae,
Well, after giving everything much thought, and with prayer I decided to do what I felt I had to do. And that is I broke up with him!
I felt I couldnt take it any longer! And then, lo and behold...he calls me: 5 TIMES!
Soooo, all those times I tried to reach him he was evidently ignoring me! Maybe it took a wake up call? No matter. I have no idea what he said simply because I flipped him off the first time (my cell). The other four times I just let it ring for he evidently called from his mother's phone. No voice mails.
This is not the first time. The first time was just last month, he apologized, I accepted, we talked, and thinking it'll be okay I said yes. Wrong move! He was back to his same old neglect of me, playing games. When he gets emotional he'll throw up some woman in my face, saying "she said she's developing feelings for me." I tried to be understanding (he's 76), but how much was I supposed to take?
No, I'm not happily thrilled about this for I still love him, but I have to love myself too. Yes, my heart is in pain, but I'll be alright in time.
I'm what is called a domestic violence survivor, and the memories/scars remain. This means then, for one, that I refuse to be treated less than. I will NOT allow it, in any form, or fashion!
It just amazed how tonight this man couldn't call/text me almost a whole week I guess trying to make it appear he was busy. Then when I let him know I'm done, all of a sudden he has the time and desire...5 times! Maybe he was planning to do the same, I don't know. Men's ego is indeed such a fragile thing.
Well, so is a woman's!
Skeleton

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2016 01:49 am
@Ettamae,
He's 76?
Ettamae

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2016 03:32 pm
@Skeleton ,
Yep. Oh and he's been married twice, according to his mother.
And, according to him, sometime after his divorces, he "tried to talk to a couple of [women] and nothing happened." Then, according to him, he met someone else, fell in love with her and she told him she "didn't feel the same way."
Then I came along.
So that makes six (6) women, that I know of by mouth, that he lost including me.
Yes, you might be wondering why in the world I took up with him. And honestly, now that the fire hit the pan, my answer is a common one: I don't know. I certainly wasn't looking I know that for a certainty!
Well, nevertheless it's done, I have to heal, and move on.
Skeleton

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2016 03:46 pm
@Ettamae,
How old are you?
Ettamae

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2016 06:04 pm
@Skeleton ,
I'm 69
PUNKEY

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2016 07:56 pm
Ettanae

At your ages, expect LOTS of baggage.

Why not put the marriage talk and the past to the side and just have a relationship with this guy that's fun and free of stress.

He's an old dog you are trying to teach new tricks. But don't give up on him. He may not understand what you mean.

Tell him you expect a call at least every other day and if he can't even do that, you are out of the picture. See if he can do that.
Ettamae

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2016 08:13 pm
@PUNKEY,
Good advice except for one thing: he's looking for a wife, at least that's what he told me.
As for me, I'm not. While I wouldn't mind having a husband, it's not the foremost thing in my life, though I would certainly welcome one if he's the right man which obviously this one wasn't...at least for me. He went through at least six women, including myself.
Yes, I do have baggage, and that's another reason I broke things off with him because it turned out that he exhibited a trait that I abhor...control!
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2016 08:46 pm
My guy - age 72 - and I have a deal: we won't talk about marriage unless I bring it up. So take it off the table. Let him know its not open for discussion at this time.

Besides, there's miles to go before he's ready for marriage. I imagine his rush to the altar is the reason he has such a past.

You don't talk about any of his good qualities. What are they?

The next time he gets short and bossy with you, just ask him "Can you say that more nicely?"

1. Forums
  2. » Does he care
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/10/2024 at 08:09:22