Boston terrier needs your advice!!!!!!

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 09:51 pm
I have a three month old boston terrier and for the past two hours, he has been cold to the touch but he isnt shivering, he has white gums, he wont eat or drink and he has had diarreah. Does any one know what could be wrong or any advice or the poor guy???? Please help.

xmom
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,704 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 09:52 pm
I think you should call your vet. If your vet does not have 24-help/service, they usually have a number on their answering machine to a place that does.

They will tell you whether it is something you should worry about, whether it can wait til morning, and/or you need to bring your dog in immediately.
0 Replies

xmom2704

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 10:19 pm
I did call a 24 hour service just now and they said he is probably dehydrated. I am giving him diluted pedalyte through a dropper, i hope that i all it is . he will be going in tomorrow morning, she just told me to call when im ready to meet her there. Thanks or the advice though

xmom
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 04:12 am
Well, I hope your little baby gets better. I go ape-crazy when my little one is in pain and/or sick.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 03:52 pm
How's the baby? Did he recover? The first thing I thought of was dehydration... was pedialyte the right answer? I have a tiny dog (3.5 lbs.) and when he was an even tinier puppy he became dehydrated. It was scary...
0 Replies

xmom2704

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 11:21 pm
Well, Bax was at the vet for four days and friday, she called and told me that he had died overnight, she said it was heartworm along with alot of other problems. My hubby was mad that the previous owner lied to us about shots, illness, etc. But I guess thats what I get for being too trusting. Im just gld he isn't suffering anymore.

xmom
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 07:02 am
That's horrible. Sad

(((hugs)))

Did you contact the breeder/place you got the dog from? They should definitely know about this. Not that you would want another dog from them, but they SHOULD at least offer you a replacement dog.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 09:20 am
Oh, poor pup, poor you!

I'm with Joa, contact the breeder and tell them about this.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 09:32 am
Oh, I am so sorry. I have such a soft spot for Bostons!
0 Replies

xmom2704

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 10:31 pm
We tried to contact the woman that we got him from , but i think she probably knew something was wrong with him because she gave a bogus number. I plan on going to the trade days where we met this woman and if i see her i am gonna give her a peice of my mind. She supposedly is there everytime they're open and has a different dog to sell according to my mom. I that is true -- i wonder if she is an illegal breeder or something like that, she was supposed to send us the papers on bax but we have never seen anything.

xmom
0 Replies

xmom2704

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 10:33 pm
oh yeah- jespah-- that pic of yours looks just lke baxter did!!! Sad
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2004 07:37 am
Oh xmom, I'm sorry to remind you. Confused

And yeah, go after the breeder; the whole thing smells fishy. Might want to contact the Better Business Bureau in your state about the breeder's behavior.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2004 12:53 pm
This is one way puppy mills operate. They breed female dogs again and again, with little regard for lineage, until the poor dogs simply wear out.

My own doggie is from one of them; we didn't realize until we got there. The minute we got out of the car we could smell dog feces. Inside the house were about seven litters of different breeds of puppies. We were torn between getting at least one puppy out of those conditions and the idea that with our money we were supporting the activity.

In the end we chose a puppy. We were lucky -- he needs braces (crooked teeth and too much overbite) but he's otherwise healthy and sound. We also let our local authorities know about the place. I'm not sure what happened to them, but we never did get the promised "papers"...

Next dog, rescue organizations. All the way.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 07:33 am
I am still sad for you. I can't imagine. Sad
0 Replies

xmom2704

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 12:04 pm
Oh thats ok jespah-- i like looking at it!! and hopeully i see thata lady again and i can let her know what happened and let her know that we are on to her and hopefully that will scare her into stopping whatever it is that she is doing.

xmom
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 12:13 pm
I think most of us would like to give her what-for xmom. I mean, they're animals. I think we as the smarter species (well, we're usually smarter) have to take some responsibility for 'em.

There, rant over. And hugs from here.
0 Replies