Why did this girl tell me this about my friend? Is she trying to hurt embarass me/her?

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2016 09:47 am
There's this girl who is my friend. Lets call her Jane (not her real name). We were best friends at work. There was a sexual tension between us at one point but we misinterpreted each other and never did have sex. She was on the rebound/was lonely and wanted a casual relationship with me I think. We are not interested in being a couple. I know she doesn't have a crush on me. There is another girl, lets call her Sara (not her real name). I know that she has a crush on me. She was very aggressive with her sexual flirtation with me. I rejected her advances repeatedly. I work with Jane & Sara. at the same place from September 2015-August 2016. Me and A were good friends at work. Whenever Jane would stand next to me/talk to me Sara would say "are the two of you going to get married?" and things of that nature. One time Jane said sarcastically, "yeah, are you jealous!?". I just returned to work there 2 days. I worked with Jane during that time and I worked with Sara tonight. Sara said that Jane was really excited that I came back. She said that Jane got mad at her a little while ago. She said that she was mad at her and told her to stop saying that we are getting married. Why would Sara tell me something like this when a) Her and Jane not friends at work and B) She knows that Jane I are best friends at work and tell each other everything?

Kolyo

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2016 10:02 am
Stop reading into the little things people do.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2016 10:03 am
@LTinkAspie20,
Why not tell them both to leave you alone so you can get some work done?

Seriously, it's work, not junior high school. I realize some jobs can get exceptionally boring, but you're not being paid to deal with anyone's relationship status. Sara's comments are borderline harassment, I believe.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2016 10:22 am
@LTinkAspie20,
LTinkAspie20 wrote:
She knows that Jane I are best friends at work and tell each other everything?

stop that.

Do your work. Stay away from personal discussions at work. If people try to talk to you about others at work, ask them to stop or actively change the topic. If they push you on talking about personal things at work, consider talking to your supervisor and manager about ways to stop them.
contrex

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2016 12:58 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
Do your work. Stay away from personal discussions at work

This. Managers really hate that kind of thing, especially if it leads to sulks and a bad atmosphere.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2016 03:10 pm
Intense three way friendships are difficult to maintain, exactly because of the situation you have listed here: One always feels like the other 2 are talking about them or not including them in everything.

Look - find a gal OUTSIDE of work. This is only going to end bad, and you know this. (Not to mention that your boss is probably going to fire one or 2 of you when this all blows up)

You have been WARNED!!

0 Replies