Most recent common ancestor lived 3,000 years ago

Badboy

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 04:22 am
It has been worked out that everone's most recent ancestor(MRCA) lived approxiametly 3,000 years ago.

I am unsure about the methodoly(sp?),while sincerely reached, one does wonder about the conclusion.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,035 • Replies: 11
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 06:55 am
YOUR COMMENT IS KIND OF VAGUE. Can you provide the reference to the study. Usually common ancestry can be inferred from structure and/or available DNA sequencing.the problem with most DNA is that it degrades between 20 and 30 k years, (which is not the case here, )

Having a common ancestor live and then remain in the fossil record until very recently is a possibility, but Im gonna remain skeptical until ive seen the data in the paper.
0 Replies

Badboy

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 08:18 am
This is on Nature.com
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 09:20 am
The most recent common ancestor for what? You need to be more specific here. What species are we talking about?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 09:29 am
We probably all do share a common ancestor...and I wouldn't doubt it lived recently. 3000 years ago seems reasonable.

You are a distant cousin of mine, Farmerman!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 02:35 pm
The paper doesnt address what we have classically called a 'common ancestor". It seems to be developing a random mix math model that computes how long in the past, assuming random mating, would everyone be related in familial alleles. I have to get a copy of nature at the library and see.
the term "common ancestor" is more clearly understood as that species , which , being an intermediate or a parental stock of two or more divergent species, is common to the genetics of both. i dont think this (my own poor attempt) definition is what they mean. They are looking at distribution statistics . I calls it mathturbation
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 07:35 pm
3000 to 5000 sounds more correct to mebut I think someone waswell underway injecting us with intellgence alterting DNA.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 02:41 pm
Such a recent date sounds deeply unreasonable, given the length of habitation of the Americas, Eurasia, Australia...
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 02:52 pm
For me sometime during the height of the Minoan Empire would be appropriate.I think the minotar was involved in rituals where people were injected with the altering DNA.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 03:00 pm
I never trusted that Minotaur. He was just a big Cretan...
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 07:19 am
Ah. Cretan Minotaur was involved in injecting DNA into the human genome.

All Cretans aren't liars; they are layers.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 08:14 am
Yes very good and that old statement as well.Simultaneously over in Mexico at the Pyramids just north of Mexico city they were practicing some very vulgar godman rites. Egypt too.

Also around this time these demension sailors or space benders had some rogue scientist that said hey lets have some fun here and combine a few of these creatures,if they have the technology to get here they had the technology to play with us as specimens.

At first it was common, mermaids and whatnot and they were considered mystical beings at first... but as the altering DNA worked and raised the normal persons consciousness to disdaining these half breeds and eventually they died out.
0 Replies