I was recommended to let the moderators know I changed my username

skirby

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2016 04:13 pm
I have been having huge (yuge?)computer problems. I couldn't remember my password or it didn't work, one or the other, in any event I am now going by skirby, used to be revelette2.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 536 • Replies: 8
No top replies

roger

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2016 04:23 pm
@skirby,
How do we know it's really you?
skirby

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2016 04:24 pm
@roger,
I guess you don't.

On the other hand, not too many people spelled my whole old username right. Since it was maiden name, I never had trouble with it. This is one is my first initial and my last name.
ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2016 04:26 pm
@skirby,
Use the Contact Us form at the bottom of the page, in dark blue, on the right.
I am not sure, but I think the mods or administration can check that you have the same IP identification.
skirby

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2016 04:27 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Oh, well, that mistake right there aught to prove who I am. Embarrassed
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2016 04:28 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I've never been a mod (heaven forbid) but I do remember they like to have stuff reported instead of finding it as a thread that they might or might not see.
They have an interest in finding sock puppets, and IP (internet protocol address) is one way to clarify that you are not a sock puppet.

I think most here know you are straightforward and honest, so I don't think you need to worry - just that reporting is good.
roger

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2016 04:40 pm
@ossobucotemp,
On the other hand, there's no rule about having more than one username so long as it isn't used to circumvent a suspension or something like that. Anyway, it does sound like revelette. It'll just take a bit of getting used to.
ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2016 04:46 pm
@roger,
ah, I didn't know that.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 02:42 am
@skirby,
skirby wrote:

On the other hand, not too many people spelled my whole old username right. Since it was maiden name, I never had trouble with it.

Any relation to Jack?

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--wzQEqs8u--/18yfaovkb19dhjpg.jpg
0 Replies