Tinkering with electronic gadgetry...advice &/or discussion?

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 04:40 pm
After running across a suprising book in my local library (Electronic Gadgets For The Evil Genius *look into it*), a long-smouldering casual interest in electronic hobbyism was ignited. So, I dusted off my "Fun With Electronics" set (*don't look into it, it's for babies*) and have been happily blinking LEDs for several hours since.

The projects in that book (the first one) are rife with potential/KICK ASS, and I'm using my baby set to gain an understanding of simple circuitry before attempting world conquest.

Any advice, tips, boring schematics for frightening projects, or cool stories about hurting your siblings with electricity? Post them here for my and your enjoyment.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 898 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Michael S

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 11:03 am
Try looking at a site www.avrfreaks.net

It has a lot of simple (and more difficult) design ideas based around the Atmel micro.

If you would like to experiment with purely hardware , go have a look at a couple of component suppliers such as Texas www.TI.com they have some chips for plug and play to computer with reference circuits, that are quite easy.

It really depends what you would like to play around with. Audio? speakers? power amplifiers (not for beginners) , LCD displays, RF (analog and digital).
0 Replies