4
   

Why our country is in trouble under Donald Trump

 
 
Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2016 12:27 pm
Donald thinks he alone can fix our economy. He always uses the pronoun "I" in every statement about fixing anything. He doesn't understand how our government works, but the people have decided to make him the "strongest" leader in the world. Why? I ask.

Here's his seesaw on our economy:
Quote:
In an April interview with the Washington Post, Trump reiterated his doomsday view of the economy, suggesting we might be headed for recession. But this time around, he appeared more open to the idea of his being in charge of finding remedies. "I can fix it. I can fix it pretty quickly," he said. And more recently, he maligned the Federal Reserve for creating what he says is a "false economy."


Our country has elected a dingbat as our president.
 
Sturgis
 
  3  
Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2016 01:29 pm
Maybe thngs will get better after he appoints Sarah Palin as Secretary of the Treasury.

Yeah, I'm not feeling too comfortable with this guy in such as powerful spot. Hoping beyond hope, things don't go even 1/10 as bad as he's vowed to make it.
cicerone imposter
 
  1  
Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2016 01:56 pm
@Sturgis,
Also, on Christie as Attorney General: a good article.
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/chris-christie-has-disqualified-himself-from-being-trumps-attorney-general-w430078
0 Replies
 
katsung47
 
  -3  
Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2016 02:12 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Trump is chosen because a big financial tsunami will take place that no big party will to take the responsibility. So they let a crook do it. So get ready for a big disaster.
Foofie
 
  1  
Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2016 03:21 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Donald thinks he alone can fix our economy. He always uses the pronoun "I" in every statement about fixing anything. He doesn't understand how our government works, but the people have decided to make him the "strongest" leader in the world. Why? I ask.

Here's his seesaw on our economy:
Quote:
In an April interview with the Washington Post, Trump reiterated his doomsday view of the economy, suggesting we might be headed for recession. But this time around, he appeared more open to the idea of his being in charge of finding remedies. "I can fix it. I can fix it pretty quickly," he said. And more recently, he maligned the Federal Reserve for creating what he says is a "false economy."


Our country has elected a dingbat as our president.


Because this is still a majority right of center nation that cares about the America that they remember as a child, in my opinion. Once you leave the big urban centers, caring mainly about America is not corny, or self-absorbed. It is the only logical thing to do, as Spock from Star Trek might have said. And, we have yet to see if Angela Merkel damaged her political career by caring so much for Syrian refugees.


0 Replies
 
mark noble
 
  -1  
Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 10:25 am
@cicerone imposter,
Be grateful Killary didn't win.
TRULY - Be GRATEFUL!
0 Replies
 
PUNKEY
 
  0  
Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 02:11 pm
Trump will tackle all these issue like he ran his campaign.
Putting together teams of highly qualified persons and then implementing the plan.
roger
 
  2  
Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 08:59 pm
@PUNKEY,
He he haw haw ho ho whoo.
0 Replies
 
cicerone imposter
 
  0  
Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 10:27 pm
@katsung47,
You seem quite ignorant about how our economy works. How does any president produce a financial tsunami?
Miller
 
  -1  
Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 01:37 am
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

Trump ....
Putting together teams of highly qualified persons and then implementing the plan.


One of the teams, Trump has put together is his own family. Looking at them, and thinking of the wealth they've accumulated, I can't help but wonder how in God's name this family can possibly relate to the middle class, lower middle class and lower class famlies of the USA.

Do you think this family knows what it's like to be homeless? Do they know how little kids feel when they're starving and have to search out trash cans for a tiny slice of bread? Do they care about anyone other than themselves and their great wealth?

The sadest part of the Trump story is the fact that those Americans who voted for Trump thinking of him as their great savior, are most likely the very ones who will suffer the most becoming poorer and poorer...depressed and more depressed...hopeless and more hopeless during the next 4 years ( should Trump remain in office the next 4 years).

The members of the Trump family love themselves and their position in American life. They don't care about you and they don't care about me. They are the moneyed "elite". They are by no means, the cultural "elite", the religious "elite" or the scientific "elite".

I suspect among many other things, that may happen in the near future, the following are very likely.

In large urban areas of our Country, the Summer of 2017 will be a very hot one, saturated with riots, attacks against police, burnings ( "Burn baby burn"...for those who care to remember)...etc.

Next...Trump is 70 years of age and I doubt that his health is as good as that of President Obama's. I also doubt that Trump, because of his age and the pressures of his job as President , will be able to complete a full 4 year first term.



lmur
 
  1  
Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 01:46 am
Perhaps it's going to be Obama's third term after all...
http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37953528
0 Replies
 
Lash
 
  0  
Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2016 09:58 am
@katsung47,
You're expecting another Wall Street crash?
0 Replies
 
Lash
 
  0  
Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2016 09:59 am
@PUNKEY,
Good one, Punkey. 😊
0 Replies
 
georgeob1
 
  2  
Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2016 11:34 am
@Miller,
Miller wrote:

The sadest part of the Trump story is the fact that those Americans who voted for Trump thinking of him as their great savior, are most likely the very ones who will suffer the most becoming poorer and poorer...depressed and more depressed...hopeless and more hopeless during the next 4 years ( should Trump remain in office the next 4 years).

I believe those words would be better directed at the progressives who persuaded a generation of Americans that their situastion wasn't any of their fult and that the government would lift them out of poverty without any extraordinary effort on their part.
McGentrix
 
  1  
Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2016 12:44 pm
@Miller,
So you're kind of a glass half empty kind of person, huh?
0 Replies
 
Foofie
 
  0  
Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2016 01:04 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

Miller wrote:

The sadest part of the Trump story is the fact that those Americans who voted for Trump thinking of him as their great savior, are most likely the very ones who will suffer the most becoming poorer and poorer...depressed and more depressed...hopeless and more hopeless during the next 4 years ( should Trump remain in office the next 4 years).

I believe those words would be better directed at the progressives who persuaded a generation of Americans that their situastion wasn't any of their fult and that the government would lift them out of poverty without any extraordinary effort on their part.


Bingo!
0 Replies
 
cicerone imposter
 
  1  
Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2016 01:12 pm
@georgeob1,
There's much proof that many workers did not enjoy wage increases, and the reduction of the middle class, but I wonder how much influence the govaernment had. There have been reports recently that wages have been increasing. What's the true picture across the US?
georgeob1
 
  1  
Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2016 08:04 am
@cicerone imposter,
One obvious reason is that our idiotic progressive government has done all it can to discourage potential entrepreneurs from starting businesses and hiring people and in discouraging existing ones from investing in new operations and doing the same.

I'm very weary of politician's claims about the number of jobs "they created". Apart from expanding the government bureaucracy they don't create any jobs. That chore is done by businesses and entrepreneurs who take a risk and start them.
Lash
 
  0  
Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2016 09:25 am
@Miller,
Miller's comment:

Next...Trump is 70 years of age and I doubt that his health is as good as that of President Obama's. I also doubt that Trump, because of his age and the pressures of his job as President , will be able to complete a full 4 year first term.

----------------------------

I have a feeling Trump won't complete four years, too, but I've underestimated previously.
Foofie
 
  0  
Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2016 01:29 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Miller's comment:

Next...Trump is 70 years of age and I doubt that his health is as good as that of President Obama's. I also doubt that Trump, because of his age and the pressures of his job as President , will be able to complete a full 4 year first term.

----------------------------

I have a feeling Trump won't complete four years, too, but I've underestimated previously.


Someone explain to Madam M. that Pence is Trump's "destroyer escort" to make a Navy analogy. Pence cares about the America that voted Trump in, not some abstract America waiting outside the borders to "arrive" and to quote a Charlie Parker ("Bird") jazz instrumental title: to possibly be "Struttin' with Some Barbecue."
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
  1. Forums
  2. » Why our country is in trouble under Donald Trump
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/10/2020 at 06:55:33