Why do we embrace religious ideologies based on genocide?

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 06:43 am
Why do we embrace religious ideologies based on genocide?

Muslims and Christians follow and kill for ideologies that are based on the genocide of those who will not accept Yahweh or Allah as the one true God.

Islam and Christian ideologies have grown their religions by the sword instead of good deeds, yet Muslims and Christians in most of the plethora of sects claim to be religions based on love and peace.

I do not think that Muslims and Christians lack the intelligence to recognize this paradox and contradiction in terms. Muslims and Christians know that they are following apocalyptic and genocidal religions.

Most non-believers also recognize this fact, --- yet all groups are allowing themselves to either follow those immoral religions, or respect them enough to give them tax exemptions, --- which facilitate the growth of their immoral genocidal creeds.

It seems that our love of war, as the epitome of our desires for drama, is what is pushing our individual and collective policy of allowing freedom of religion.

Loving and peaceful minded people should reconsider their immoral ways.

All the loving and peaceful, non-genocide loving people, --- in religious and non-religious groups, --- should demand a ban on the genocidal groups who embrace a genocidal ideology for reasons of self-defence. We cannot ban immoral beliefs. We can ban the assembly of like-minded people who embrace genocide, be they religious people or not, when violence can be shown to emanate from their churches, temples or mosques, thanks to the teachings of their genocidal based ideologies.

Because of their immoral and intolerant genocidal ideologies, I think we are justified in ridding our societies of the genocidal and intolerant Muslim and Christian groups. Self-protection demands a ban of such genocidal minded groups.

Do you agree?

If not, should we who hate genocide, --- at the very least, --- stop subsidizing the tax shortfall that their tax exemptions produce?

Regards
DL

Candlelight8

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 06:47 am
@Greatest I am,
How have atheists promulgated their religion if not by hate?
Candlelight8
P.S. Why do so many people post their blog on this forum?
McGentrix

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 07:11 am
Same reason anyone posts anything. So others will read it.

We all have our thoughts on things but how will you ever find like minded people or defend a thesis if no one knows about it?
Candlelight8

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 07:24 am
@McGentrix,
You see a thesis here? Perhaps a thesis of hatred! My blog comment is a reference to the length of tripe.
Candlelight8
Greatest I am

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 08:02 am
@Candlelight8,
Candlelight8 wrote:

Candlelight8

Atheists do not have a deity so I do not think most intelligent people call them a religion.

That aside, like the religious, they sometimes have put their belief system above other systems. Likely due to the genocidal ways of the religious, it might be seen as self defence.

Reciprocity is fair play is it not?

Further, are you saying that the religious are no better than atheists and other non-believers?

Should believers not have a more moral ideology than the non-believers?

The religious certainly claim a higher moral position.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 08:06 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

We all have our thoughts on things but how will you ever find like minded people or defend a thesis if no one knows about it?

Note that our friend did not attack the premise of his religion being an immoral genocidal ideology.

Most believers will likely try to deflect as he did.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 08:10 am
@Candlelight8,
Candlelight8 wrote:

You see a thesis here? Perhaps a thesis of hatred! My blog comment is a reference to the length of tripe.
Candlelight8

I do see your post as one of hate.

I don't know if it could be otherwise for one, who like you, embraces an immoral genocidal ideology and not one of love for all your neighbors.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Candlelight8

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 10:21 am
@Greatest I am,
It is you that claims moral superiority "Mr. Greatest I Am". You claim to have the one true answer and belittle and reprimand those who doubt you. I believe in self defense and reciprocity I assure you. Christians believe in forgiveness and they often act to their own detriment to benefit others. You would call them suckers and chumps. I do think they need to rethink that whole forgiveness thing. Your protestations that religious people are evil is wrong. Individuals choose between good and evil, not religions. Unfortunately, Bad people can be found in every country on earth. Your post is only hate because it is based on an illogical position. Your question is double loaded before you even write it down. You make a post and demand that everyone agree with you. Not Today Mr. Greatest I Am.
Candlelight8
Greatest I am

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2016 06:49 am
@Candlelight8,
Candlelight8 wrote:

It is you that claims moral superiority "Mr. Greatest I Am". You claim to have the one true answer and belittle and reprimand those who doubt you. I believe in self defense and reciprocity I assure you. Christians believe in forgiveness and they often act to their own detriment to benefit others. You would call them suckers and chumps. I do think they need to rethink that whole forgiveness thing. Your protestations that religious people are evil is wrong. Individuals choose between good and evil, not religions. Unfortunately, Bad people can be found in every country on earth. Your post is only hate because it is based on an illogical position. Your question is double loaded before you even write it down. You make a post and demand that everyone agree with you. Not Today Mr. Greatest I Am.
Candlelight8

If you think that following a genocidal God is a good morel position, and superior to mine and yours, I will leave you with it.

Regards
DL
ehBeth

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2016 06:55 am
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:

If not, should we who hate genocide, --- at the very least, --- stop subsidizing the tax shortfall that their tax exemptions produce?

Every election cycle here (Canada) I tell canvassers/candidates I can access that the religious tax exemptions are a problem for me and that I want to see them eliminated.
Candlelight8

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2016 09:43 pm
@Greatest I am,
Why do atheists proselytize so? I noticed you capitalized God. Well done!
Dear Greatest I am - DL, whether anyone believes in a God or not, people will go right on killing and people will go right on dying. The premise of your post is objectively wrong. You and I choose between good and evil. It has nothing to do with religion. Be good DL. Candlelight8
Greatest I am

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 11:56 am
@Candlelight8,
Candlelight8 wrote:

Candlelight8
P.S. Why do so many people post their blog on this forum?

I do recognize that there was and is more than one reason for the wars we have had. Demographics, greed and the accumulation of wealth, just to name 3.

The religious have been the majority forever, but if you want to think that the minority are the ones who dragged the majority and started most wars, go ahead.

That view is rather a counter intuitive one though.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 11:59 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

That attitude is presently becoming quite a problem in our colleges and universities. So says my favorite social scientist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaQ-ZF9S3uk&feature=em-subs_digest-vrecs

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 12:02 pm
@Candlelight8,
Candlelight8 wrote:

Candlelight8

How is pointing out the truth become a hate thesis?

Are you trying to say that Yahweh is not a genocidal God or that Christianity and Islam grew by good deeds given the various Inquisitions and Jihads?

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 12:05 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:

Every election cycle here (Canada) I tell canvassers/candidates I can access that the religious tax exemptions are a problem for me and that I want to see them eliminated.

We should all be doing that.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 12:08 pm
@Candlelight8,
Candlelight8 wrote:

Why do atheists proselytize so? I noticed you capitalized God. Well done!
Dear Greatest I am - DL, whether anyone believes in a God or not, people will go right on killing and people will go right on dying. The premise of your post is objectively wrong. You and I choose between good and evil. It has nothing to do with religion. Be good DL. Candlelight8

I cannot always choose the good. Neither can you if scriptures are correct and we are all born sinners.

Jesus said, why do you call me good. No one is good but the Father.

Let me pre-emp your likely reply.

Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by whipping out their favorite "free will!", or “ it’s all man’s fault”.

That is "God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy."

But this simply avoids God's culpability as the author of Human Nature. Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose "A" or "B" (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.

If all sin by nature then, the sin nature is dominant. If not, we would have at least some who would not sin. That being the case, for God to punish us for following the instincts and natures he put in us would be quite wrong.

Psalm 51:5 "Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me."

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 12:38 pm
@Candlelight8,
Candlelight8 wrote:

Why do atheists proselytize so?

I would not know. I am a Gnostic Christian and do not call myself an atheist.

I will take a guess though and say that they follow the following quote and thing theist are immoral for following an immoral genocidal son murdering God.

Proverbs 3:12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Why do we embrace religious ideologies based on genocide?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 12:45:23