Somebody heard me

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2003 11:32 am
Recently, on another A2k forum, I made the claim that the stock market was still over-valued by 15 percent when it was hovering in the 8800 range. I guess they heard me, because it's lost ten percent in the last ten days. My question for you is "how low do you think this bear will take us?" c.i.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,315 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2003 05:23 pm
Hard to say, but this is worrisome. Bonds did poorly today, too, because of war jitters. Big net outflows from mutual funds also being reported. As long as the US rattles its saber, I doubt we'll see much improvement, and it's hard to believe that Bush et al. haven't noticed...
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2003 05:28 pm
c.i.- I still don't think that we have hit bottom yet, but I won't dare venture a guess!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2003 05:42 pm
D'art, Yes, Bush has noticed, but he's only talking about a "stimulus package" that will benefit only the rich. He needs to do something for "ALL" workers to stimulate this economy. It's okay to give most of the tax breaks to the rich, because they still pay most of our taxes, but he must also take care of the other 90 percent of Americans that work for middle class and poverty wages.

Phoenix, Guessing is a fool's game. Most of those day traders who thought they could outguess the market are now broke. We have too many variables tugging at the market's bear and bull; the Iraq war, the supposedly okay economy in the US, the lower unemployment numbers, the better corporate profit pictures, the lower value of the dollar against the Euro, and poor Christmas Season performance, and the loss of the Raiders in the Super Bowl (when most pundits said they'll win). Wink c.i.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2003 06:05 pm
Speaking of the Super Bowl, isn't there some spurious correlation between who wins (AFC or NFC) and how the markets will do the rest of the year? Though, given the past three bad years, I have a feeling that theory is now thoroughly discredited...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2003 06:15 pm
D'art, Yes, I heard something similar for many years, but never paid attention to these fables. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2003 06:34 pm
I am waiting, with baited breath, for tomorrow's State of the Union message. I think that what occurs there may have an impact on the market!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2003 06:35 pm
Here, have an Altoid. Wink
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2003 06:47 pm
sozobe, An altoid is not strong enough! Wink c.i.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 01:31 pm
We'll need crates of Altoids after tonight. Though I don't plan to watch it or listen--I'm not that much of a masochist!

By the way, the Democratic rebuttal will be delivered by Gov. Locke of the great state of Washington. Something soothing before bedtime....
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 06:43 pm
Governor Locke voiced the concerns of the people that really understands the problems inherent in GWBushies State of the Union, but the right will remain deaf. c.i.
0 Replies