Kim Kardashian robbed of millions by Paris gunmen

contrex

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2016 01:28 am
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/oct/03/kim-kardashian-west-held-at-gunpoint-fake-policemen-paris-hotel-kanye-concert

This is possibly the worst news I have ever heard in my life! I may have to seek counselling. Advice on how to cope, please.

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2016 12:42 pm
I'm sure they're going to work it into her show somehow.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2016 01:00 pm
Not that I in anyway am interested in all of this Kardashian gossip, nor do I think their way of life is very good. For any woman to end up in such a situation will give her scars for lifetime no matter if is about
$ 8 or 80 or as in this case over 8 million
Blickers

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2016 01:39 pm
@saab,
I agree. What they do for money is shallow but harmless nonsense. But being not only robbed, but forced to acquiesce to being tied up, (which might well be a prelude to your rape and/or murder), has to be an awful, shattering experience.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2016 04:07 am
@Blickers,
And if she was a Syrian refugee it wouldn't even be mentioned.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2016 09:50 am
It was a scary thing for anyone to experience.

Full stop.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2016 02:39 pm
Quote:
Kim Kardashian's robbers are reported to have made off with $10m (€8.96m; £7.84m) worth of jewels, including a $4m dollar diamond ring. But how easy is it to sell on diamonds belonging to one of the world's most famous people?

A stone worth several million euros is likely to have been laser marked, said Neil Duttson, a top diamond trader based in Hatton Garden, London.

The laser makes an invisible mark on the girdle - the side - of the stone, but it isn't foolproof. "The mark can be polished off by someone who knows what they're doing," said Mr Duttson.
A $4m stone would still bring unwanted attention on the market though, so it's likely it would be cut into smaller stones. That would lower the overall value of the original, but it would also make new, untraceable diamonds.

"Once it's been recut that's it, the pieces are invisible, gone for life," said Mr Duttson. "They probably already have someone removing the stones and going to work as we speak."

The stone would probably go first to a known handler, lined up in advance, said Lee Henderson, an intelligence officer for diamond security company SaferGems. Unless it was stolen specifically to order, most dealers "wouldn't go near the original stone with a barge pole," he said.

French police suspect specific stones may have been targeted after being seen on social media. Mrs Kardashian West posted a picture on Twitter just three days before the robbery showing off a large diamond, reportedly a gift from her husband, the rapper Kanye West.

"Clearly when you have a star like Kim Kardashian who has, I think, more than 48 million followers on Twitter ... I think this could have happened abroad just as easily as in Paris," Johanna Primevert, chief spokeswoman for the Paris police department, told the Associated Press news agency.

"It was really the celebrity who was targeted, with possessions that had been seen and noticed via social media, and it was these goods that the attackers targeted."

The gold settings around the stones would probably be discarded, said Mr Duttson. Melting down that amount of gold is unlikely to be worth the trouble, and trying to sell them in a pawn shop would be a rookie mistake.

It would be "horrendously difficult" for the police to recover the stone, he added. "Unless you're really stupid and you buried it in your back garden then had a big argument with your wife about it in front of the neighbours, it probably won't ever be found."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37549465<br />
ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2016 02:51 pm
@izzythepush,
Useful info there.

I gotta say this is the first time in decades that I've been at all interested in a Kardashian, now with some sympathy, not so much re the loot but re the experience she goes through. I know being world stars is their family's well worked choice, but still..

I get these are pro thieves, smart enough not to kill her, and she may have figured that in the middle of it, but even pros can be off their rockers, so I get fear.

0 Replies

nacredambition

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2016 05:05 am
@contrex,
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/28/Sellers_pinkpanther7.jpg

Clouseau has been appointed to shake down suspects now that half-arsed efforts to find the booty have failed.

Quote:
Advice on how to cope, please.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coping_(joinery)
izzythepush

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 04:26 am
Quote:
Kim Kardashian West has dropped a court case against a website that claimed she staged an armed robbery in Paris.

Her lawyer said the two sides had resolved the issue.

The reality star said she would take US celebrity gossip site MediaTakeOut to court but has dropped the case after it issued an apology.

The site reported the 35-year-old had faked being robbed at gunpoint at a luxury apartment in the French capital earlier this month.
The publication also accused her of making a fraudulent insurance claim for millions of dollars of jewellery.

French police said Kim Kardashian West was robbed at gunpoint by at least two men dressed as police officers who stole a box containing jewellery worth up to $6.7m (£5.2m).

Some have suggested the reality star had made herself vulnerable by revealing her location and posting photos of jewellery in the days before the attack.

She has since been virtually silent on social media with her only appearance coming on her birthday when Caitlyn Jenner posted a picture with her on Instagram.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/37759381/kim-kardashian-west-drops-paris-robbery-lawsuit
0 Replies

Candlelight8

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 05:17 am
@contrex,
I couldn't even bring myself to click on your link. Why is it that I can feel your pain but you can't feel mine?
Candlelight8
0 Replies

Candlelight8

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 05:26 am
@nacredambition,
Outstanding booty video! A couple more years and they won't even bother to wear clothes! I can't wait until people just start screwing on the street!
Sincerely, Candlelight8
P.S. How did you download that? I found it at youtube but couldn't even view it without creating a google account. I was using speedbit but it doesn't work on youtube anymore. What do you use for youtube vids? Sincerely, Candlelight8
izzythepush

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 05:29 am
@Candlelight8,
You're talking to yourself Romeo.
Candlelight8

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 05:35 am
@izzythepush,
Please Explain?
Candlelight8
izzythepush

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 06:10 am
@Candlelight8,
I'm not playing your games. You've been rumbled, game over.
Candlelight8

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 06:24 am
@izzythepush,
What is it you mean by rumbled and what games referring to? If you have a grievance with me speak up! Candlelight8
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Kim Kardashian robbed of millions by Paris gunmen
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 03:10:52