choices in life, given opportunity. results: includes language learning, if gi

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2016 06:49 pm
I might add other threads re choices, but today I'm interested in language.

I'm aware we have some very smart people on a2k about language, and want to hear their views.

I want to represent me, who was not horrible at new languages, but basically not facile in them, a studier, not bad at essays but couldn't talk with ease. Well, I could sometimes in Italy, but I'd not call myself facile, plodding more the word.

I had italians ask me for directions, and then burbled their language with correct directions...

And, to represent those who have big trouble with other languages, at all, but want to learn.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,028 • Replies: 1
No top replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2016 08:01 pm
@ossobucotemp,
This came from a friend and me talking, both of us having varying words besides english in our vocabularies - for French, Italian, Spanish, German, neither of us stars of wordage.

I'll start by saying my French is almost though not quite non-existent. Which is weird, as I tend to like France, more or less, and love their food, more or less. I sound like a comic book even trying to speak French. But, dammit, I took latin instead...

On the other hand, I still like latin.

Thus so it goes, re choices.
0 Replies