Dad Says School Duct-Taped Son's Pants

Col Man

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 03:02 pm
Link : http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040922/ap_on_fe_st/duct_taped_pants&e=4

DUNLAP, Ind. - An outraged father of a seventh-grader says an assistant principal duct-taped his son's pants to keep them from sagging then sent him back to class.

Scott Allison told the Concord School Board on Monday that his 12-year-old son, Spencer, said last week that a teacher asked him to lift his shirt after she noticed the boy's underwear was showing above his pants, a violation of Concord Junior High School's dress code.

She sent him to Assistant Principal Patricia Walters, who told Spencer to pull up his pants and tuck in his shirt, Allison said.

"She then proceeded to duct tape his waist, three times around the waist," said Allison. "Then she sent him back to class, in front of his peers."

He said he worried his son would be mocked by his classmates at the school in the town about 20 miles east of South Bend.

"This outrages me and shocks me," Allison said.

Allison also said that Spencer's underwear would not have been exposed if the shirt was left down.

"I don't understand what motivated her to ask him to lift up his shirt," he said.

Board President Randall Myers said the board would not discuss personnel issues in public. Junior high Principal Kevin Caird said student discipline is confidential.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 332 • Replies: 0
No top replies