Who's your high-volume author?

ehBeth

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 03:46 pm
I was on Goodreads rating books that I've read. Then went upstairs to see if my suspicions were correct. I've got over 90 Wodehouse books/anthologies/biographies on the shelves.

What author do you have the largest collection of on your bookshelves?

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 04:10 pm
About equal Philip Wylie, Henry Miller and Charles Dickens.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 04:17 pm
@ehBeth,
Really? I used to love Wodehouse, but that was eons ago.

I'll be back to this thread, of course.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 04:19 pm
@ehBeth,
Heinlein, Kipling, and Steinbeck. There are many others I read way more often. They are worth checking out from the library, but I wouldn't buy them on sight.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 04:37 pm
Just off the top of my head: Hemingway, Vonnegut, Umberto Eco.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 05:55 pm
@ehBeth,
I was in on that thread about how many books have you read, and my total is high, somewhere in the thousands. My retention is spotty. Most of these are individual authors, not whole sets of one author.

For that, that would be some crime novelists, the battery of books hanging on my shelf for a while, and then passing on to others via goodwill or similar.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 06:34 pm
Franz Kafka.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 06:37 pm
I still like Primo Levi and Orhan Pamuk and some others, bestest, but they aren't high volume.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 06:46 pm
Larry Niven (weird).

Although if you were to extend the question to editor/anthologist...

It'd be Gardner Dozois
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 07:19 pm
I also have a goodly number by Erskine Caldwell.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 07:42 pm

Stephen King...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 08:02 pm
Apparently I also own almost everything ever written by Edna Ferber. Can't think when the last time was that I read one of them. I'm going to have to do some re-reading on my way to doing some culling.

I do recall really liking

http://static.lulu.com/browse/product_thumbnail.php?productId=20913582&resolution=320

so I may start there.
0 Replies

saw038

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 08:07 pm
@ehBeth,
Alan Watts -by far! he has transformed my life and helped me through many difficult situations.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 11:52 pm
William Faulkner, Dostoevsky, Doctorow, Ngaio Marsh. I gotta go take a look. I'll be back.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2016 09:16 am
I have collected all the works by Primo Levy, Raymond Chandler, John D McDonald, John Keegan and Lee Child.
Not high volume, but enough.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2016 09:28 am
I just came in to note that some of us have complete works in a single volume - O Henry, Emily Dickinson -
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2016 12:58 pm
A goodly amount of Hemingway, Dostoyevsky, Faulkner, I.B. Singer and Bellow, but, the leader in total from one author is Ed McBain.
ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2016 01:44 pm
@Sturgis,
I've a dozen Alan Furst novels and that's the largest number. Six Gianrico Carofiglio novels, four Carlo Lucarella.. Had kept a lot of Henning Mankell, but eventually passed them along. On genres, I've long been keen on the Soho Crime Series by Chronicle Books, have saved 50 of them, so some fan could reap a wad of what I've thought are wonderful books - but those are mostly 50 different authors.

Most of my mad collection on books of many kinds on Italy (let's say 400, aside from the ones on my bedroom shelf) are in various containers and I don't want to go figure out which author I have the most of, since that is on the silly side in this case - it's probably Donna Leon or Michael Dibdin, procedural novels - but I also have a lot on ital artists and ital history, different kinds of reads. One favorite is Cellini's Autobiography, but that's the only one by him.
ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2016 02:30 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Hey, I need to read Cellini again, for the fun of it. It's right here four feet from the computer on the art shelves (metal, from Home Depot, planks and bungy cords help hold up the books), but there's other stuff on those shelves clamoring for attention.

Panz, I'm glad you took so well to Primo Levi, who you know is my favorite author, but I haven't read any of the other books besides The Reawakening. Once I make up my mind on my favorite, that's it, by gum. For other readers here - it's not any easy read, but.. a restorative of sorts.
0 Replies

XxSiCxX

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2016 02:52 pm
Well if we are going just off of physical books that are on the shelves. It's a toss up between Stephen King, Terry Pratchett, and Kim Harrison.

1. Forums
  2. » Who's your high-volume author?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 12:09:43