Who's your high-volume author?

farmerman

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2016 05:45 am
@XxSiCxX,
Elmore Leonard. Hes Larry Mcmurtry without all that illy description of the surroundings.
panzade

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2016 09:57 am
@farmerman,
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147/panzade/image_zpsdqh1sfmz.jpeg
How could I forget Leonard?
Thanks FM
farmerman

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2016 02:59 pm
@panzade,
I used to be in a "Nero Wolfe" drinking beer, smoking, and talikng ARchie, years ago while I( was in fculty.
I lasted about 5 weeks and gve up on discussing Nero Wolfe with anyone for fer of being "taught" about all the plot nuances and **** bout best beers in the world.

Elmoree Leonard would teach these c;lasses on writing an said that
"If I hear of anybody starting clubs to talk bout my books I swear Ill come back and kill ya. Get it?"

His writing was just automaticaaly made for movies nd hows like "Justified".

Im glad theres another EL fan out there.

I guess Steinbeck and Stephen Gould are nxt in my book shelf lineups.

Mark TTwain goes without saying but all his books come in sets anyway. mY WIFE bought me mine at a yard sale for 3 bucks.

ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2016 03:14 pm
@farmerman,
I like Elmore Leonard's books too, but I hadn't added him since I'd given away the books; I probably read most of them. I think I read his son's book, but not sure, as I might mix him up with the son of the writing couple, name failing me - the guy's plots had to do with psychology/crime. I suppose the wife's did too, but I didn't care for hers as much as his. Neither as good as Leonard, of course.

I currently have four of my old boss's books in the Goodwill box - he's a medical thriller writer, Leonard Goldberg. There was a fifth one, but I'd given it to another one of our docs who I figured was used as a description as one of the bad guys, a sort of in joke at the time. I tend to be a very sentimental sort, despite my sometimes sharp tones, but forty years of sentiment is enough..
roger

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2016 03:51 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Sure you're not thinking of the Kellerman family? Leonard does have a son that writes, but Kellerman has both son and wife in the writing business.
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2016 04:05 pm
@roger,
Yes, the Kellermans, as a group, and Leonard with a writer son too. Thanks for unconfusing me.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2016 08:36 pm
@farmerman,
I too would like to read more Stephen Gould.
Unfortunately I've been reading his Wonderful Life for six years and don't have much hope of ever starting another.
farmerman

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2016 09:04 pm
@panzade,
his versions on audio books are available as downloads and, I Gotta admit, the speakrs on audio books are waay bettr then he ever was at reading his own lines.
lines.

Alla my Stephen Gould books are yellow lined and en-circled over and written qll over the margins so much so I had to make cd's of his books. Its a Wonderful life is pwrhaps the most obscure pop book. (He just went on and on like the Donald ane took forever to mke his points ----sorry
panzade

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2016 10:11 pm
@farmerman,
It made my head spin when I marveled at Opabiniahttp://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147/panzade/image_zps9vficldr.jpeg
farmerman

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2016 04:55 am
@panzade,
I recall, in school, paying good money for chemical substances that allowed me to see creatures like that one, and all I had to do was visit the outcrops of the Burgess shale.
0 Replies

Anjelica Sheley

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2016 06:24 am
I love Stephen King!
ehBeth

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2016 11:01 am
@ Anjelica Sheley ,
Hi Anjelica. Welcome to A2k!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 04:50:38