Gf doesnt like cousins fiance. doesnt want me to go to wedding

Danholm

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 01:30 pm
This issue started when me and my gf had been together only a few month. My cousin thought it would be funny to send me a picture of his now fiancee as what he seen as a bit lad banter. It was a picture of her dressed but the focal point were her breasts, Which were covered but it was obviously intended as a "sexual" shot.

Anyways my gf seen the picture on my phone a short while after and rightfully so asked what it was and why i had it. I told her the above, we had an argument over it and she wanted me to tell my cousin that he shouldnt send me that type of stuff. Which i agree with.

So i had the conversation with him and to this day(almost a year later) nothing else has happened, result.

Today however my cousin and his now fiance have gotten engaged and are obviously intending to get married. Which in turn brings a wedding and possibly an invite to said wedding as i am very close to my cousin.

This however has recalled the old issues my gf had with my cousins fiance. She is saying she feels like im not on her side for saying id like to go to support my cousin. She feels like because a wedding is more bride focused id be supporting her and she feels like im mugging her off.

Can i get some opinions on this please

Thanks in advance

Tiger81

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 01:36 pm
Go to the wedding, ditch the controlling and jealous gf. See if hot bride has some hot friends. Seriously!
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 02:11 pm
Yes. Agreed. Your girlfriend is being stupid.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 02:52 pm
She doesn't even have an issue with the cousins fiance. She has an issue with the cousin for sending the picture. Doesn't seem like she can figure that out.

gf sounds like a doozy.

0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 03:12 pm
@Danholm,
Your girlfriend needs to go do a course in confidence building.

Weddings are Bride orientated? You would be supporting her not your Cousin?

Family is family, they are with you for life, as for jealous girlfriends not so.

What surprises me here, is this is of a photograph 1 year ago and you state that you and your Cousin are close. If you are close and you've been with your girlfriend for 12 months, thereabouts, then surely you (4) have spent some time together and if not why not?

You don't judge someone via a photo and especially when they never sent it to start with. You don't judge full stop but irrespective you do take the time to get to know someone, especially if they are "family" of the person you are dating and supposedly love.

Family is family. She needs to chill. Believe in herself and your relationship together. It was a photo.
Danholm

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 03:17 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
She has spent one night drinkinG with me and the mentioned cousin but never with his partner. the reason for that is she says she couldnt hold her mouth with her and not let her know what she thinks she also insists i do not see his partner. He is very private about that part of his life. He talks to me about thier relationship but he has never asked me to see her so it hasnt created a situation as of yet. Id certainly find myself in a sticky situation if he ever asked me as if i told him why he would certainly not be happy and if i did see her my gf would likely say she wanted to leave me..

also i would certainly be there for him and him alone. she would be invited and i would gladly go with her. provided she could not cause an argument as it is thier wedding. I do not believe she could hold it back though and i personally wouldnt feel safe that the day wouldnt be damaged by it and for my cousins sake i wouldnt want that

i should add that my gfs gripe seems to be that i asked my cousin what his fiance (then gf) would think of him showing me that and she replied saying she didnt mind, he also mentioned that he told her of mine and my gfs relationship and at that time, my cousin and his partner had been on the rocks and he said his gf got a bit "competetive"(as in she was feeling that thier relationship wasnt up to the same standards ours was?) and they started enjoying each other more since they were somehow feeling inadequate, all of which was directed at our respective partners so I honestly dotn see anything to it more to it than they realised they wernt appreciating each other, seen us doing so and felt they should enjoy each others time more.

I think she sees his now fiance as trying to compete with her. But to me its very obvious whos with who, wants to be with who and there is no funny buisness on going

sorry for the long read :'D
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 03:30 pm
@Danholm,
Danholm, then you live by what she says and does what she says.

And, no he would not be happy, as "family is family".

It's time you stood your ground don't you think?
Danholm

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 03:33 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
i agree. i have no intent on bailing on his big day, He is my blood and always will be. If she left me for that then thats not the kind of love im looking for anyways. I personally would never dream of asking such a thing of my partner. Id like to think that just for one day. she could hold herself and allow me to be there for my family.

Thank you
ehBeth

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 03:37 pm
@Danholm,
Danholm wrote:
she says she couldnt hold her mouth with her and not let her know what she thinks

is she still in her teens? doesn't sound like an adult yet

__

In any case, if your cousin invites you to his wedding, go. It's a family event. If your gf is invited and still doesn't think she can keep her mouth shut, then she can stay home.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 03:38 pm
@Danholm,
The love you deserve is someone who laughs with you, accepts you for everything you are, allows you to be yourself and visa versa, compromises and understands, never puts you in a position like this.

She has to love herself first.
chai2

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 04:22 pm
I still don't understand what the problem she has with the fiance, as she didn't send any pictures out, and as far as I can tell, has never talked to the gf.

There has to be more to it than a picture with some cleavage.

Do they know each other in any way?
ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 04:23 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Agreeing with Found Soul..
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2016 05:37 am
It sounds like your girlfriend is jealous of a picture being shown around that shows another girl's cleavage.

It also sounds like she is upset that you two guys are enjoying a picture of a woman showing her cleavage and she thinks your cousin is disrespectful for showing you this picture.

So she is trying to block you from going to this event and she is angry at a girl she doesn't even know.

Danholm

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2016 06:36 am
@chai2,
They know nothign at all and have never met. All my gf knows is that is my cousings partner and all she has seen is the picture he sent me. 100% nothing more.

Honestly i feel that becuase my cousins partner is what id say "societys" version of attractive she feels threatened. But my gf knows i have eyes only for her and i dont look. she knows that 100% as she has expressed it to me multiple times and recently
0 Replies

Danholm

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2016 06:40 am
@PUNKEY,
I feel this way too. My gf is very attractive. So she doesnt need toi feel that way.

But i have noticed if a woman who she doesnt think is attractive shows me attention. its funny to her. However if an woman shed consider is attractive shows me attention (which i have always rebuffed and she knows that). She goes absolutly ballistic. Even to the point where she demanded i leave a place of work.

demanding i leave the place of work was even after i rejected the girls advances. and moved my position in the work place to create more distance between me and the said female.

Jealousy does seem the likely perpetrator to me
jespah

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2016 07:04 am
This is one jealous and insecure person you are dating. It is not a good combination.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2016 07:49 am
@Danholm,
So you won't even talk with an attractive woman? or is it just if one smiles? I think you are facing a long proscribed life ahead if you leave attractive women out of your conversation realm.
Danholm

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2016 08:04 am
@ossobucotemp,
any kind of attention at all is considered flirting in her eyes. for example i worked a in a place where females were around. If they spoke to me about even work related stuff and she got wind of it. she would act like it was some kind of move to "Get me in the sack". I wish i was that goodlooking :'D.

I should also mention that of the times shes said such things. only once has it turned out thta the woman actual did ask me out, to which i told her i was happily with my gf, and the asker and i never spoke of it again.
jespah

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2016 08:36 am
@Danholm,
So she's controlling, difficult, and jealous. Does your girlfriend have any positive qualities whatsoever?
contrex

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2016 01:10 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

So she's controlling, difficult, and jealous. Does your girlfriend have any positive qualities whatsoever?

Nice boobs?

1. Forums
  2. » Gf doesnt like cousins fiance. doesnt want me to go to wedding
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 12:34:56