'9 to 5 Bandit' Works Late for 6th Robbery

Col Man

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 09:53 am
TEMECULA, Calif. - A robber nicknamed the "9 to 5 bandit" was working late when he held up a Wells Fargo bank branch at about 5:30 p.m., the FBI (news - web sites) reported.

The robber shows up at banks wearing a dress shirt and tie, giving the appearance he's dropping by on a free moment from his office. He is believed to have hit a half-dozen banks in Southern California since July 2.

Usually he waits patiently in line for a teller, asks for a deposit slip, then hands over a note that reads, "I have a gun ... I will use it. Give me your hundreds, fifties and twenties," the FBI said.

For Friday's robbery, the bandit wore a blue dress shirt, dark tie and dark dress slacks. This time, however, he displayed a gun in his waistband and threatened to kill the teller and take hostages if she did not comply.

The man is described as about 25 to 38, standing about 6 feet to 6 feet 4 inches tall, with a lean build, light complexion and a goatee. He weighs about 190 to 220 pounds and has green, faded tattoos on his right hand and the right side of his neck.

link : http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=816&ncid=816&e=1&u=/ap/20040918/ap_on_re_us/brf_9_to_5_bandit
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 307 • Replies: 1
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 12:12 pm
He gets time and a half for that robbery! And double time for any robbery past 9PM!
0 Replies