Man snatches hairpiece off head of man in restaurant

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 11:27 pm
Edit: Moderator: Moved from General News to Human Interest Stories

Guilty Plea In Hairpiece Snatching
Associated Press
Thursday, September 16, 2004

HARRISBURG, Pa. -- A man was sentenced to probation Monday for snatching the hairpiece off the head of another man at a restaurant.

Paul J. Goudy, 25, of Lemoyne, pleaded guilty Monday to theft by unlawful taking. He was sentenced to 23 months' probation, fined $500 and ordered to write a letter of apology.

The victim, Edward Floyd, was sitting in the Fisaga restaurant in Harrisburg on Jan. 1 when Goudy ripped the hairpiece off his head, taking with it a gold chain that hung from his neck, according to court documents.

"Don't these guys have anything better to do than to rob and humiliate someone for absolutely no reason in the world? It's just outrageous," said Floyd, 60, of Harrisburg. "I'm a nice guy. I don't bother anybody."

Goudy said another man, Matthew G. Flinchbaugh, 26, of Wormleysburg, had offered him $100 to do it as a dare. Flinchbaugh is scheduled to be arraigned next month on charges of soliciting Goudy to steal the hairpiece.

Flinchbaugh's lawyer, William Fetterhoff, said the prank was "an exercise in very poor judgment."

"It's the sort of prank that when you're on the other end -- as Mr. Floyd was -- it's not funny at all," he said.

Flinchbaugh is expected to request entry into a first-time offender's program.

Floyd said he is examining the possibility of a lawsuit against Flinchbaugh, although he said he might drop the idea if Flinchbaugh apologizes.

"It has literally affected my entire life, and for what? What did I do?" Floyd said.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 773 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Chuckster

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 08:13 am
Mr. Bee: You do this for a living. Huh? Thank goodness for the rest of us.
When you grow up, will you be Mr. Col?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 09:22 am
Chuckster
Chuckster:

scroll
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 09:29 am
BBB, what do you mean with "scroll" in this relation?
I prefer the name ([internet] troll) for Chuckster.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 09:30 am
Unusual story, Bee.

Obviously a couple of guys with small brains and too much time on their hands.

What is with this Chuckster character? Seems to me he just did to you what the two lunkheads did to Floyd.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 09:35 am
as my grandfater used to say, It doesn't really take all kinds, but we got them anyway.
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 09:39 am
Very Happy

looks like BBB beat me to this one..

was gonna post it today but i guess shes saved me the trouble Wink

ahh chuckster... what a character...
you gotta appreciate his sense of humour though.. it is offending, but hell thats the world we live in....
he says similar things on my posts too but i think the best thing is to laugh it off..it takes all types to make life the crazy show it is...

anyway is nice to see a BBB post here in h.i. even if it was moved from general...

peace n love 2u all anyway
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 10:03 am
BBB
I posted this story because it demonstrates the degree of self-centeredness in people, especially those who seem to remain immature all of their lives.

These narcissistic idiots were just having some fun without a thought entering their minds about the pain they were inflicting on another human being. Such juvenile behavior should be outgrown by the age of at least 18, preferably by age 12.

BBB
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 10:17 am
Re: BBB
Col Man wrote:

he says similar things on my posts too but i think the best thing is to laugh it off..it takes all types to make life the crazy show it is...

interesting attitude.

BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
These narcissistic idiots were just having some fun without a thought entering their minds about the pain they were inflicting on another human being. Such juvenile behavior should be outgrown by the age of at least 18, preferably by age 12.

That's the synonym for scroll? ;-)
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 10:24 am
Thok
Thok, I think your's is a good interpretation.

BBB Laughing
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 02:41 pm
Hey, BBB, you want me to get some of the boys and take care of this Chuckster fellow?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 03:38 pm
Gus
Thanks, Gus, but I think just scrolling by Chuckster is more powerful than a bust in the chops.

Now, knowing Gus, I know he will be unable to resist commenting on busts no matter where they are and will be so preoccupied with his visions of glorious D-cups that he will ask "Chuckster who?"

BBB
0 Replies

Tidewaterbound

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 03:58 pm
BBB & Col Man---

Very interesting reading into the sad state of affairs in the world. People are downright weird, ya know?

Snatching the poor man's hair piece on a dare for a $100 bet.

Hopefully the snatcher will learn a lesson out of this. We can only hope others will too.

***Dumb $hit happens daily****
0 Replies