Internet Explorer stops working

seac

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2016 05:27 pm
Internet Explorer has been my main internet connection for my laptop. The past few days it has stopped working, freezing on a page. Internet connection troubleshooting routines shows no problem. Antivirus reports shows no problems. I can use Google Chrome and get on the internet without any problems. My other computer works fine using Internet Explorer. I was wondering if anybody else is having similar problems.
There is a remedy that goes into regedit and erases a few lines of program, but I have not tried that yet. What I did do was run the Windows 8 refresh routine that erased all my applications and set the computer to factory settings, but IE still froze when I got on it.
Oh, and there was one notice that the computer showed when this problem started. Something about a TDR error.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 681 • Replies: 3
No top replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 03:42 pm
@seac,
If you've got working Chrome why care about IE?

0 Replies

seac

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2016 04:10 pm
@seac,
Yesterday, I upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1. Now Internet Explorer does not freeze up on me. I also removed and reloaded Norton Anti-Virus. Not sure which did the trick to stop the problem.
hingehead

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2016 04:40 pm
@seac,
Glad you sorted it - but it is still is a dog of a browser.
0 Replies