Telephone help for Russian women to ward off unwanted flirts

Col Man

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 10:29 am
MOSCOW (AFP) - An ingenious telephone service helping women in Moscow get rid of undesired suitors has become hugely popular.

"Hello. Welcome to the Moscow refusal service. The person who left you this telephone number does not want to speak to you. Goodbye," is what an increasing number of men are hearing when calling the number given to them by a Moscow beauty.

The "service" receives an average of 20 calls a minute, says founder Pavel Aladyshev, who works as a DJ in Moscow.

The 27-year-old says he recorded the message on the answering machine of an unused mobile phone after his female friends regularly complained about being harassed by zealous flirts into giving them a phone number.

The sucess of his "service," which now receives over 100,000 calls a month, came as a total surprise to the young DJ.

"The phone company almost went crazy!" he told the Russian daily Gazeta.

According to the daily, Aladyshev has already been offered contracts to place advertisements at the end of the message.

link : http://uk.news.yahoo.com/040917/323/f2sk4.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 345 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Heeven

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 10:35 am
I used to get calls from a guy who insisted I had met him and wanted a date. He had my name right, my general description, and said he met me at a hotel dance I had never been to. I figured one of my "friends" might have used my name and phone number to avoid giving this guy her real name/number but I never did figure out which "friend" and the guy called constantly, trying to make me agree to meet him for a date. He finally stopped a year or so later (could be that I thought he was so desperate to date somebody that I wouldn't have anything to do with him).
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 10:37 am
:shock:wow far out heeven... Shocked
<sigh> some people.....
thx 4 the story Very Happy
0 Replies