0
   

Microwave wave is trippin me out dude and dudettte"s

 
 
Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2016 03:22 am
I was given a new looking microwave oven the above the range type with a exhaust fan. I was told it draws too much power and trips house breakers here you take it... well I did. I opened it up and found a bad (open) on the first control board supporting the noise filter and the in line fuse. The fuse was good. Hmmmm. I got another board from a appliance repairman I know. It wasn't the same but matched components and fuse good to go.. I installed it. I energized the oven with 115 vac on a 15 amp circuit in my house. It works !? Nooo but the fan, the timer and the light worked but when I turned the oven onto defrost it tripped my breaker. the board looked none the worse for wear and tear. In fact the fuse is not blown??? How
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 570 • Replies: 1
No top replies

 
engineer
 
  2  
Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2016 06:44 am
@geosurfn,
How much current is the microwave suppose to pull? Are there any other loads on this circuit? 15A is typically ok if the microwave is by itself but you might need more if there are other appliances on the circuit.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Have I killed my microwave? - Question by dlowan
Microwaveably Safe - Discussion by gollum
Installing a Russell Hobbs RHM2574 - Question by tony1938
Cooking with Microwaves ~ Wattage - Question by PandaFan
What happens if you microwave a light bulb? - Discussion by Robert Gentel
Stand Time: In or Out of the Microwave? - Discussion by Noddy24
Cooking in a microwave - Discussion by Noddy24
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Microwave wave is trippin me out dude and dudettte"s
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 06/18/2024 at 06:43:42