How do you know you succeed?

Linkat

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2016 09:12 pm
What is your definition of succeeding?

Have I?

I think so. Why? My my daughter is a better person than me.

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2016 09:16 pm
@Linkat,
...but, but you have 2 daughters. What about the other one? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Succeeding in what? Rearing children, career, life in general?
I think it's different for everyone.
Linkat

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2016 09:48 pm
@CalamityJane,
I think I mean in being a good person.

Maybe I am so proud my older daughter has been the sportsman award each year over freshman year over captains ....little kids come over to the house to have her help them...she is so positive. She does mentoring with middle school

Not to lower the younger girl...she just has not had the opportunity. The unique thing is though she got private lessons because she stood up for a girl that was being bullyed.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2016 10:04 pm
@Linkat,
She is ab
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2016 10:23 pm
Maybe I am exaggerating but my kids have been an open book. My older is so much more conservative than amy thing the boy that likes her is willing to do anything for her...he seems a sweet boy and without my promoting she has her limestone cross .
Linkat

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2016 10:25 pm
@Linkat,
The funny thing is her lines are more strict than mine
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2016 10:36 pm
I think seeing an improvement in your children from your own generation is a great indicator of success in parenting.

Nice job! Smile
Linkat

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2016 10:45 pm
@TheCobbler,
Thank you I'd love to take credit but my baby is just so grounded .... I think we are just fortunate she has a good head. We direct her.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2016 10:51 pm
The other girl is all emotion. The nice thing is her emotion is to protect others .. where we found out from a step dad she stepped up to the popular group to protect another girl.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2016 07:12 am
How to gauge success?

There's a famous saying, one hears in almost all dance classes taught in NYC at the Alvin Alley School of Dance: What's not important is how you start out...but rather how you finish your performance.

The same is true of our performances in life. You might start out poor, hungry, uneducated, without hope, but as you advance through life, overcoming defeat, sadness, sickness, depression, and loss of your love ones,
you gain confidence.

You learn to stand on your own two feet, face to the wind and win the major tests of life. You are in fact, a success!
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2016 08:05 am
In the end the man with the most toys wins.
Miller

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2016 11:24 am
@giujohn,
You , of course, mean balls....
giujohn

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2016 02:57 pm
@Miller,
Nope
giujohn

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2016 03:19 pm
@giujohn,
I have a lot of cool toys😎... I'm Johnny Cool.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » How do you know you succeed?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/06/2024 at 10:44:51