Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 18,529 • Replies: 6
No top replies

roger

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2002 01:31 pm
Works for me, Tommy
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 10:59 am
Haha, I loved it! Thanks (even though I am weeks late)
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 12:26 pm
Reminds me of an incident that happened to me years ago.

We were living in San Pedro, California, when our sons were still children. San Pedro is one of our great ports onto the Pacific, so we often saw ships in the harbor from our apartment window, and foreign visitors were a common sight.

One evening I got up to get a midnight snack from the kitchen. Going down the short hallway I disturbed our Siamese cat, Pyowakit (remember Bell, Book and Candle?).

Turning into the kitchen, I saw there upon the floor a Mother Mouse and all her children. It was obvious that I had stumbled on an educational outing. Mother Mouse was showing her brood the banquet left by children on the floor beneath the dinning table. Other morsels might be found dropped in front of the refrigerator. I'm sure she intended to instruct them on where to safely hide if the cat should appear. Unfortunately, the cat did appear, and pounced down into the midst of that happy little family outing.

Without any hesitation, the Mother Mouse sat up on her little haunches and began to bark like a dog. Yip! Yip! I was astonished, for I had never heard that mice could make such sounds. Wherever could the mouse have come from to have such an extraordinary vocal talent? I was frozen with amazement.

The effect on our cat was even more dramatic. Now here I depart from absolute fact to indulge in a little hyperbole that better illustrates the cat's reaction than a less colorful description of it's behavior. The cat was so shocked by the Mother Mouse's response that it ran up the wall, across the ceiling and out the window. Let us now to return to absolute, but less colorful reporting. The cat never did come home, and we haven't had a pet in the house since.

Before I could fully recover, I overheard the Mother Mouse remark to her children. "Now do you see why I always insist upon your learning a second language".
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2002 02:07 pm
With a mouse like that, I don't think you would be troubled with burglars either!

S
0 Replies

delta nine

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2009 05:53 pm
@Tommy,
My uncle taught me this song when I was about 6 years old. My mother slapped me senseless when she heard me screaming "bring out the god damn cat"!!! My grandmother taught me "Show me the way to go home". My mother wanted to know who taught me the song.I told her nana of course. Mother was not happy. Then my father taught me the words to "la cucaracha", he did this to alot of little kids. He thought it was funny. My mother divorced him! I am cross stitching the words to all three songs. I was really glad to find the words to this because we sang it a little different. I really did have a great childhood, I'mm not joking. thanks!!!!!
roger

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2009 10:07 pm
@delta nine,
That's cute, delta nine.

And just what the hell happened to Tommy? I used to wonder if that was his name, or if he took it from Kipling's poem.
0 Replies