Help!My cat is peeing everywhere after years with no problem

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 11:36 am
i have 2 male cats about 12 years old. we have just moved into a new home and they were fine for a few months, but just recently, one has begun to pee on things left around the room. sometimes he will do it when no one is around, but at times he has peed on something right in front of me. i try not to show my anger and take him to the litter box. he has done it everyday for about 2 weeks now. the other cat seems fine. and he's not spraying as if to mark his territory. please help, i think my mom will make me get rid of him soon if this keeps up
thank you
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 4,435 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 11:38 am
elisamarie- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

Isn't 12 years old getting on in years for a cat? Could he have a urinary tract or kidney problem? Why not check with the vet!

Quote:
Since all these symptoms are variable and can be quite subtle, the important point to remember is to observe your cats urinary habits on a daily basis and have your pet checked if there is any change to these habits. The symptoms of FLUTD can mimic other diseases, so an accurate diagnosis is imperative.

http://www.lbah.com/Feline/flutd.htm
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 12:03 pm
Did you change the cat litter brand. Sometimes
they dont like that.
0 Replies

elisamarie

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 10:45 am
thank you for the replies
no, we haven't changed litter brands, and yes, 12 is pretty old, although they hardly show it. we're taking him to the vet soon to get his/her opinion.
0 Replies

mustanglvr78

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 08:00 pm
peeing
when my cat which was 17 years old it had a peeing problem have you tried the papers that you put in spots it pees and move them closer and closer to the litter box that is what i had to do they work...i also did that with my 6 week old kitten it works wonders they are at petsmart they are called training pads.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 11:58 pm
elisamarie

Maybe your cat feels threatened by something in their new environment? Do they venture outside? If so, their could be "cat territorial wars" going on out there that you may not be aware of.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 09:39 am
Also, male cats can get urinary tract blockages at any time in their lives. I'd get to the vet sooner than later to see if this is a problem (it could kill him). A simple change of diet can make everything better.
0 Replies

auntnunu

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2009 11:26 pm
Our cat does the same thing and he is fixed.. Our vet believes he is peeing to mark territory b/c there are strays around outside.. I spray the front door inside and out w/ some of that miracle phermone spray stuff and just wipe it w/ a paper towel. I hope it works.. Good luck!
0 Replies