Is Noah building another ark?

Seed

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 04:20 am
with the fact of global warming happening all over the world is it possible that everything that is being said will happen? what really is on my mind is the fact that some say that the earth will become scorched and that eventual the polar ice caps with start to melt and thus causing world wide and total flooding. now im sure that this is possible but is it really that possible and just how soon or far off will this be able to happen?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,054 • Replies: 14
No top replies

KellyS

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 10:47 am
The melting of the glaciers is a fact which has been documented by lots of folks all over the world.

However, the estimated amount of water contained in all the ice coats of the planet, if melted, is only expected to raise the ocean surface level about twenty feet. This is not so good if you live along the East Coast of the USA, or most of the Sothern USA. Can you say good bye Philadelphia, PA and Huntsville, AL?

The reason the water level would only rise two hundred feet is that most of the world is already covered by deep water. So there is a great deal of surface area, about 2/3 to 3/4 of the planet's total surface, to spread all that water over. Kind of like, the water is deep in the bucket you're using to clean the floor, but the water's not very deep if you spill the bucket on the floor.

Now what that will do to population concentrations, of people and animals, is really speculation right now. Some won't move and will drown, some will use it as an excuse to get up and really travel. But most will probably just move a little farther inland, and push up the realestate prices on the homes that aren't going to get flooded, and might even end up with really great ocean front property and great, long boat ramps which used to be streets and highways. The effects on weather, rain distribution especially, and other things is still to be learned. It the American Midwest doesn't get enough rain there is going to be worldwide starvation on a scale only thought about today. If they get enough rain, shipping to the rest of the world should get easier, because the lower hundred plus miles of the Mississippi River will be so deep that the big ocean going ships will be able jus to sail right over the top of most of New Orleans. Of course that might happen tomorrow with Ivan coming ashore. Confused

Do keep in mind that evidence exists that there have been at least six ice ages followed by almost disappearing polar ice caps over the history of the planet. Whether the current melting of the glaciers is due to man's pouring of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere, or not, is still not really settled despite all the computer models that say it is. We really don't have that much data of how much CO2 was in the atmosphere before the industrial revolution.

However, we really should get cracking on developing alternative energy sources because we're going to run out of oil one of these days.

Kelly
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 01:47 pm
oil... smoil... boo eh its all crude to me... i must say Kelly you are very smart and the one who always talks to me :-) that makes me happy... thanks for all your throughness... Just one thing... maybe two...the amount of ice would cause the ocean to rise twenty or 200 feet? im guessing 200 seeing as that would be a bit worse and cause the damage that you were tlaking about... and seeing as you are so knowlegable... what would happen if the wind stopped blowing? anything major?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 01:51 pm
If I knew who the **** this noah guy was, i might be able to tell ya

So is N building another ark?

What happened to the first one? He lose it or something?
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 01:53 pm
if you are joking... good one... if you arent i would be happy to tell you about him...
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 01:58 pm
No not joking

Please give biography of mr noah

Start please with grandparents

you may stop at granchildren
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 08:17 pm
I wish i knew that much, but if you read the bible it will tell you all you need to know
0 Replies

Natassha

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 12:53 pm
hahaahha no plz dont read the bible is gonna disturb your brain.... nah im been inane, but its a good dairy book though! Surprised

Nati Laughing
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 05:08 pm
there have been 5 mass extinctions in Earth's history and it is undeniable that someday in the future there will be at least one more

many scientists believe that we are currently in the process of the 6th extinction, being caused by the interference of mankind

perhaps they are right...but one thing is for sure: it has nothing to do with noah, the bible, or a god
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 05:15 pm
i agree some what with you, human kind is running this place in the ground.... and the aliens are just waiting with a shovel for the hole to get deep enough and fill it in and take over....
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 08:46 am
Seed wrote:
i agree some what with you, human kind is running this place in the ground.... and the aliens are just waiting with a shovel for the hole to get deep enough and fill it in and take over....

What aliens?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 12:33 pm
I don't know Seed. Who is this Noah bloke (presume its a bloke) anyway? If an ark is a large boat then Noah will have difficulty keeping his activities secret.

So you tell me, is he building or not?

What are you trying to ask here? If you're asking if climate change and global warming threaten the viability of human life on earth, why can't you ask that instead of cryptic references to some mythical character I've never heard of building a useless wooden boat.

And the answer btw is yes, we are all ****ed. (To use a biblical expression)
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 01:32 pm
Yeah, we're in the middle of the 6th great extinction. The difference is that with the other extinctions once the cause of the extinction was over—meteor, ice age, etc.—the life recovered in a new evolutionary direction, e.g.,the radiation of mammals after the Cretaceous Period. Being that humans are causing this extinction, we can expect no recovery unless humans become quickly enlightened.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 01:44 pm
Um, I seem to recall something about "the fire next time." So rather than another ark, we'd better be ready for that.

Global warming run amok!
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 07:36 pm
So we are all lobsters eh? the polar ice caps will melt and then global warming shall cook us for dinner
0 Replies