Relationship Advice - handsome guy with messed up teeth

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2016 12:59 am
I am a 18 year old girl .. So I met this guy in middle school. He was my best friend's cousin who went to our a school for a short period of time. We sort of had a thing until he moved away. He was so attractive and handsome. In high school I followed him on Instagram and added him on snapchat but never contacted him until post graduation. After snapchatting for a few days we agreed we needed to hang out. (I am going to college near where he lives). He was still attractive at least what I could see from pictures/snaps he sent. We eventually started sending video snaps. Which is when I noticed... His teeth are messed up! Everything that attracted me to him was wiped out by that messed up smile. I used to have messed up teeth in middle school but after 3 years of braces they are nearly perfect. I am not looking for perfection but I don't know if I can look past messed up teeth !! I don't want to just stop talking to him but i don't know how to go about the situation ?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 13 • Views: 1,926 • Replies: 41

roger

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2016 01:26 am
@Username21,
Maybe it's time for a gentle lie. Like you were out with a few friends and had a great time. You probably won't even need to mention that one of them was a guy if you keep the stories coming and sort of slack off on the communication a bit.

For gosh sake, don't mention the teeth. He doesn't deserve that.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2016 02:20 am
Quote:
I don't know if I can look past messed up teeth

Do this guy a BIG favor. Butt out now.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2016 06:36 am
@Username21,
Ask yourself this...

There are guys that find something about your body unattractive. How do you want these guys to treat you?

Well, you want these guys to treat you with respect. You want them to keep their shallow opinions to themselves. You certainly don't want them to string you along, a guy who isn't interested in you shouldn't be flirting with you.

Treat this guy the way that you would like to be treated.

0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2016 06:38 am
@Username21,
Have sex with him and then break up with him and say it's because his penis is too small and he's bad in bed.

Problem solved!
maxdancona

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2016 06:55 am
@DrewDad,

ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2016 07:41 am
Offer to pay for three years worth of orthodontia for him so he looks better to you. Orthodontia is a luxury for most of the world, including my american family. You seem both lucky and spoiled. I had two teeth capped somewhere in my twenties, which was an easy and much cheaper fix, but still a luxury.

I'll add that some people like their teeth the way they are. I remember the model Lauren Hutton had a fair sized space in the middle of her top front teeth. She would use a cap for magazine photos but not in real life. She is one of the most famous models ever.

contrex

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2016 08:22 am
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:
You seem both lucky and spoiled.

This.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2016 09:07 am
'but after 3 years of braces they are nearly perfect.'

And how much did this cost mommy and daddy?

Really - unless his teeth are from meth use, consider it a slight physical flaw.

You, on the other hand, are suffering from an exaggerated superficial persona. Can't be cured. Break it off with this guy.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2016 10:02 am
I am curious to know what the thread starter means by "messed up teeth". I guess we'll never find out after the drubbing she has received. Does she mean broken, jagged, or blackened teeth caused by e.g. violence or neglect, or does she mean a set of teeth that are not perfectly (and many would say) unnaturally white, symmetrical and even? Like in orthodonist's brochures? Is she American, by any chance?

Linkat

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2016 10:11 am
Oh my stop beating up on the girl - everyone has different viewpoints on what they feel is attractive or not attractive. She is being honest - some times whether it is right or not right a certain feature on another person is a turn off for them.

Funny thing is many people on here are making judgments without knowing a thing about this girl - what makes you so different than her then?
ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2016 10:17 am
@contrex,
I've noticed over the years that squeaky bright white teeth that are orthodontically perfect seem to be an american obsession. I'm not sure there is any other place so interested in this as a 'good feature'.
contrex

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2016 10:18 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
She is being honest

So are we. We have viewpoints about aspects of personality which we feel are attractive or not attractive. We are being honest about that.

Quote:
Funny thing is many people on here are making judgments without knowing a thing about this girl - what makes you so different than her then?

Some of us evidently feel we know enough from her question to make a judgment.

Free English lesson: it's 'different from', not 'different than'
contrex

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2016 10:19 am
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:

I've noticed over the years that squeaky bright white teeth that are orthodontically perfect seem to be an american obsession. I'm not sure there is any other place so interested in this as a 'good feature'.

I know what you mean. However, I'm not American, and my mother always said I should consider dentistry as you never see a poor dentist.
ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2016 10:22 am
@Linkat,
That's not my thumb, but I disagree with you telling me and others to stop. She asked for advice and we gave our heartfelt opinions. Live with it. And you are giving your heartfelt take on our opinions too, which is fine.
ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2016 10:27 am
@contrex,
I once considered dental school but really didn't want to go there..
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2016 10:43 am
@contrex,
contrex wrote:

Linkat wrote:
She is being honest

So are we. We have viewpoints about aspects of personality which we feel are attractive or not attractive. We are being honest about that.

Quote:

Some of us evidently feel we know enough from her question to make a judgment.

Free English lesson: it's 'different from', not 'different than'

Yep you prove my point with that last remark - judgmental. Love people who enjoy pointing out one small error that someone might have made as a typing error. And be very careful because if I had the urge, time or really cared I could easily go over a few of your post and more than likely find some minor error- point it out and then feel as if I am superior (well not really, because I do not have the need to point out any sort of minor error another human being made to feel superior than them).

I am 53 years old - I really do not need your "free" English lesson but thank you any way.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2016 10:44 am
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:

That's not my thumb, but I disagree with you telling me and others to stop. She asked for advice and we gave our heartfelt opinions. Live with it. And you are giving your heartfelt take on our opinions too, which is fine.

Explain the advice in here:
@ossobucotemp,

ossobucotemp wrote:

You seem both lucky and spoiled.

This.

And if you did provide advice and not simply beating up on her --- then my comment was not directed at you --- some people did provide advice - others just insults.
0 Replies

MikeyW

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2016 01:08 pm
@maxdancona,
My opinion Larry David should be put in the dictionary as a insult and offensive demeaning phrase I mean yeah the guy is a funny guy but he gets wayy too far out of line sometimes and not to mention hes racist as hell and has a racist dog, funny guy in a very offensive way I mean no boundaries as far as offending people is great there's still a fine line in Respect and Females that Larry Does not have
Username21

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2016 02:04 pm
To clear up some confusion. He has teeth that are not aligned/jagged and don't appear to be the cleanest. He does smoke occasionally that I know of. Which could be the cause. He never smiles in any pictures that he posts.
I hate to pass judgement on others. Everyone has flaws. But everyone has there own opinions on what is attractive and what is not. I am defiantly not spoiled believe me !! however, I am grateful enough to have my mom pay a couple thousand dollars to fix my teeth. I didn't mean to come off that way but I was trying to explain how I also had some messed up teeth but was able to get them fixed after wearing braces the majority of high school.
Sorry for my grammar 😂

1. Forums
  2. » Relationship Advice - handsome guy with messed up teeth
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 07:30:12