Recommend me a good hip-hop track

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 11:42 pm
Talib Kweli - Lonely Peopleis trippy. Likin' it.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 12:34 am
Nimh,

I'm listening to Urban Dance Squadright now. I'd already known Deeper Shade of Soul and like it. Thanks for the reminder.

I also got a track named Good Grief, don't much like it yet (will give it a few more tries as the best music tends to grow on me and not catch me right away) and will keep trying others from them.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2006 03:19 pm
nimh wrote:
I dont remember who or what tipped me, but I got two tracks of Immortal Technique, and they be good. Political, but also plain good. Harlem Streets and Peruvian Cocaine. Go get 'em.

There's a vid of Immortal Technique on YouTube of their The Fourth Branch. You may like it or hate it, the vid sure would make Michael Moore jealous, its that unabashedly rhetorical - but either which way, you gotta give Immortal Technique props for being take-no-prisoners political and hard-hitting.

Do hide the window away then listen to it without seeing the vid a time too - has a different effect on me, gives me more mental space to appreciate the rhymes. Also has different vibe, more a melancholical anger.

Not as good as Peruvian Cocaine though, that was a masterpiece, a whole absorbing narrative rolled into rhyme.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2006 03:35 pm
nimh wrote:
There's a vid of Immortal Technique on YouTube of their The Fourth Branch. You may like it or hate it, the vid sure would make Michael Moore jealous, its that unabashedly rhetorical - but either which way, you gotta give Immortal Technique props for being take-no-prisoners political and hard-hitting.

Nother IT cut here on YouTube: Bin Laden

This track peddles the "Bush blew up the Twin Towers" conspiracy theory -- and the vid's pretty MM again (which I guess is a + and a - rolled into one: dishonest but effective, or vice versa).

But again, hide the window and just listen to the rhymes, and that conspiracy theory hasnt sounded so good in a long time
0 Replies

outlaw26

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2008 09:21 pm
check out The Illest by Immortal Technique... You can listen to the song on youtube... just type in Immortal technique the illest. its Immortal Technique, Jean Grae, and Pumpkinhead
nimh

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2008 09:54 pm
@outlaw26,
Oh, cool - I like Jean Grae. Thanks for the heads up.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 09:02 am
Let's see, what have I been listening to lately...Mostly old-school and underground ****.

9mm Goes Bang--Boogie Down Productions
Dirty Money--Clipse
8 Steps to Perfection--Company Flow
Kilo--Ghostface Killah
Soul Food--Goodie Mob
Music--Modill
Status--Mr. Lif
In the Trunk--Too Short

That's a nice little playlist.
tHe CrUsHeR

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2009 07:43 pm
if u like eminem
here is a bloke who is like eminem on NOS he is more vicious
eminem has nothing on this white boy rapper his name is NECRO chek him out on you tube the song is them well chek anything out NECRO is his name
ILL BILL
NECRO
KRS ONE
GETTO BOYS
lil wyte
IMMORTEL TECH
SLICK RICK
SWISHA HOUSE CHOPPEM UP 1/2/3/
BIG L
dungon family
but what do u like hip hop / death rap/gangster/ underground stuff/ what its just not rap and there is more............it does not stop at just rap music
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2009 07:58 pm
@Gargamel,
well, hell, since this is going on...

good video (relevance? none, really, just the pharcyde after they stopped being funny)

...which maybe resulted from or led to getting rid of fatlip...

(both videos by spike jonze, i think.)
0 Replies

tHe CrUsHeR

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2009 03:55 pm
i forgot pharside hay fat lip is good
patiodog

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2009 05:47 pm
@tHe CrUsHeR,
fatlip was the best part of pharcyde, I thunk. but I'm not a hardcore fan of the genre.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2009 08:47 am
I just picked up the new DOOM yesterday.

0 Replies

killah T

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2010 08:12 pm
@nimh,
Immortal technique is the best rapper alive, listen to dominant species, cause of death, internally bleeding, apocalypse-ft akir and phoarahe, the return of the prophecy-ft canibus, prophecy, point of no return, bin laden remix, dance with the devil(true story), obnoxiuos and many more...immortal will beat anyone you put against him
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2010 08:32 pm
Two tracks I've been bumping this week:

and

0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 15 Jan, 2010 07:47 pm
0 Replies

ClockWork970

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 01:01 pm
By the way, if you get on myspace you can build an ulimited number of playlists from their library for free. It's pretty sweet, so if you're broke but you got the internet, a computer and some speakers you should definatly check it out. You might even want to check out some other websites that offer the same thing with more of a selection.
0 Replies