How Cost Effective Is Preventive Health Checkup?

Sat 6 Aug, 2016 07:32 am
I agree that, Preventive health check-up is very useful in early detection of all types of illnesses and risk factors mostly for the diseases which don’t show any symptoms until its last stage.

But is it really cost effective?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 594 • Replies: 1
Topic Closed
No top replies

Real Music

Sun 7 Aug, 2016 12:23 am
@rituparkar,
Quote:
I agree that, Preventive health check-up is very useful in early detection of all types of illnesses and risk factors mostly for the diseases which don’t show any symptoms until its last stage.

But is it really cost effective?

That's an interesting question. I suspect that preventive health check-up is probably cost effective if your health care provider discovers some type of health concern in its early stage. On the other hand, preventive health check-up is probably not cost effective if your health care provider finds nothing wrong and gives you a clean bill of health.

I look at this question, like I would look at insurance. Example: Automobile insurance is not cost effective if you never get into an accident. Now, if you do end up getting into an accident, I suspect that automobile insurance will prove to be cost effective.

A different question might be would someone want to take that chance, roll the dice, and hope nothing bad happens. If nothing bad happens, you remain healthy and never get into an automobile accident, you would save money. If you end up discovering you have a major health issue in its late stage or get into an automobile accident, not getting routine health check-up or not having automobile insurance will probably cost more in the long run.

0 Replies