THE WAR THAT CHANGED THE WORLD

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2016 08:46 pm
@BroRando,
I don't think people are fed up with Christmas. It's a time when people celebrate with parties and gifts. We're not a christian family, but we've always celebrated christmas when our kids were young. I know Japan celebrates christmas in a big way, and they're a buddhist-shinto country.
BroRando

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2016 09:22 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I see your point. But "Christmas" is considered a Christian Holy Day (Holiday) by the earthly kings. I don't celebrate Christmas because I am a Christian and have no part with Babylonian Holy Days. Interesting isn't it?? Neither do I celebrate Easter for that is also a deception. When Religion loses her tax exempt status, she is going down screaming! And then the non-christians will be saying too bad, too bad.... and feel sorry for her... and when it hits, it will HIT HARD.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2016 09:29 pm
Between the idea
And the reality
Between the motion
And the act
Falls the Shadow
For Thine is the Kingdom

Between the conception
And the creation
Between the emotion
And the response
Falls the Shadow
Life is very long

Between the desire
And the spasm
Between the potency
And the existence
Between the essence
And the descent
Falls the Shadow
For Thine is the Kingdom

For Thine is
Life is
For Thine is the

This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.

- TS Elliot
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2016 09:53 pm
Here's an interesting article on the topic of christmas in Japan.
http://tanutech.com/japan/jxmas.html
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2016 10:02 pm
I have never believed in religion or gods, my whole life. But holidays such as Christmas and Easter are special to me. I actually no longer celebrate them much, because most of the time, it is just me and my wife. But they offer a bit of glitter in a world too easily gray and spiritless. Christmas promotes peace and harmony, and love of family. It is to me the greatest day of the year.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2016 10:39 pm
@edgarblythe,
So true; we live in a world today with so much gloom and doom. However, every new years day, we have a party at our house with many family and friends. My wife and her sister work all night to prepare the food. I look forward to it every year.
0 Replies