Snoring dog forces Romanian to move house

Col Man

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 11:07 pm
CLUJ, Romania (AFP) - A proud Romanian dog owner was forced to leave his apartment after a court ordered his mastiff to be removed from the building because its snores kept the neighbours awake, officials said.

Attila Varga and his Neapolitan mastiff named Sumo left the flat in the central town of Cluj without resistance, said legal official Marius Stolneanu, who was present at the operation.

Varga said however that he would appeal the decision of the court, which granted his neighbours' request to have the 60-kilo (132-pound) beast ousted.

Neighbours said that when Sumo snored, their walls of shook and burglar alarms went off.

"My father-in-law couldn't take it any more. He left," said neighbour Iuliu Popa.

Varga said his two-and-a-half-year-old mastiff had won several competitions.

"We share the same bed and I got so used to it (the snoring) that I don't even hear it any more," he said.

link : http://uk.news.yahoo.com/040910/323/f2d94.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 382 • Replies: 1
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 09:26 am
My ex-wife also snored but she got the house and kept it where it was! Is there no justice?
0 Replies