Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2016 04:50 pm
An After School Satan Club could be coming to your kid’s elementary school

I agree that religion should be kept out of public schools and while countering the Christians with "After School Satan Clubs" does illustrate the opposition to the Supreme Court ruling that interprets the First Amendment to allow after-school religious programming in public schools, I find that this is not the best way to go about it especially since they're not earnest about their "Satanism," they're not actually looking for inclusion--it's being done with tongue in cheek--they're looking to remove this kind of programming altogether and they're tying the teaching of scientific rationality to these clubs. They've put together a parody video to promote the clubs that is pretty scary, and would likely scare the bejesus out of young children.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 1,437 • Replies: 2
No top replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2016 04:57 pm
@InfraBlue,
I am disappointed in the video. They could have done a much better job.
0 Replies

AugustineBrother

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2016 02:09 pm
@InfraBlue,
One wonders your view of School Choice, vouchers, homeschooling. In my experience this freedom talk usually is the opposite. You want to promote everything that will have others sharing your opinions.

The right of parents to guide their children in spiritual matters necessarily leads to the above freedoms.
0 Replies