Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2016 04:21 pm
Some think that Paradise is nothing more than a myth. Others believe that it is a gardenlike utopia where good people live forever and share in joyful and productive activities. Some believe that Paradise is in heaven, while others claim that it will be established in the future on earth.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,289 • Replies: 34
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2016 04:24 pm
@BroRando,
Paradise is what you make it. Paradise is seeing the beauty in nature. Paradise is helping people incapable of helping themselves. Paradise is feeding the hungry, and providing children with health care and schooling.
0 Replies

Thomas33

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2016 04:26 pm
I believe paradise is the creation of God, or the presence of no cause. The means to doing this is perhaps reflection.

For me, paradise means to project myself elsewhere: so all YouTube users in the history of YouTube become the UK press conference for Captain America Civil War, and the senate members of Rome in 12 A.D become all the reactions to the trailer of Justice League, or Kong Skull Island.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2016 04:31 pm
@BroRando,
Cheese popcorn as an evening treat, with three of our favorite brews
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2016 05:06 pm
@BroRando,
Paradise is just an Old Persian word meaning garden. It is the private and enclosed garden attached it many upper class Iranian gardens today. Don't get carried away with what you think it is.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2016 05:14 pm
@roger,
Hawaii is also known as "Paradise" or the Garden State. At least that's what is on their license plates.
My wife and I are going in January or February. We've been there twice this year.
snood

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2016 05:35 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I lived on Oahu for 3 years. Worked at Tripler AMC. Wasn't exactly what I expected, but that's what I get for having expectations.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2016 07:09 pm
@snood,
We can see Tripler from the freeway.
snood

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2016 07:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yup, the Pink Palace.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2016 07:16 pm
@BroRando,
BroRando wrote:
What is Paradise?
A world without religion.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2016 07:17 pm
@snood,
We visit Oahu often, because my nephew is a physician at Queens hospital, and he has a two bedroom condo just a few blocks from the beach.
snood

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2016 07:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

We visit Oahu often, because my nephew is a physician at Queens hospital, and he has a two bedroom condo just a few blocks from the beach.

Must be rich. That's some high dollar real estate.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2016 07:40 pm
@snood,
Yea, he lives on the 40th floor, and we get a good view of Diamond Head. Hilton Hotel by the beach has fireworks every Friday evenings, and his windows looks straight at it. We always wait for it.
snood

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2016 07:44 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Nice. The closest I came to that was staying at the Hale Koa for a couple nights. It's a sort of ritzy military Hotel/Resort right on Waikiki. Went to my first (and only) luau.
TomTomBinks

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2016 08:33 pm
@BroRando,
Two small cubes made of plastic or bone or wood with numbered faces. Used in games of chance (such as who gets to take a crucified man's clothes).
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2016 08:33 pm
@snood,
We pass by that hotel every time we're in Oahu, because it's not that far from my nephew's condo. We love walking on the beach, and walking back by way of Kalakaua Avenue. We walk to Ala Moana Shopping Center at least 3-4 times during a one week stay. Not only for the cafeteria and restaurants, but my sister loves to visit Longs drugstore for their sales.
thack45

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2016 08:46 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Lucky dog. We went to Oahu a couple years ago and stayed at the Kahala. What a great week. We did also visit the Ala Moana Shopping Center and the drug store
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2016 08:48 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Also, we also look at the memorial to the 442 Infantry Battalion at Ft DeRussy.

Hawaii Army Museum Society | Aloha and Welcome!
www.hiarmymuseumsoc.org/
Please join the Hawaii Army Museum Society (HAMS) for their 35th annual Gen ... of the "Lost Battalion" from 91 year old Whitey Yamamoto, 442 Anti-Tank Co., a heart ... of this beautiful memorial often referred to as the Arlington of the Pacific. ... sole mission is to support the U. S. Army Museum of Hawaii at Ft. DeRussy.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2016 09:55 pm
All I got to see of Hawaii was the Navy base and downtown Honolulu. Never had the opportunity to go as a civilian.
snood

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2016 11:16 pm
@edgarblythe,
Did you station there, or just pass through for R&R?