Dawkins and his life

InfraBlue

Sat 14 Nov, 2020 02:12 pm
@Jasper10,
Your argument is contradictory, circular and assumptive.
Jasper10

Sat 14 Nov, 2020 02:47 pm
@InfraBlue,
All my arguments are based upon practical experiences. If one doesn’t embrace the walk and live the experience via the 2 off consciousness states then one will never find the real answers one is looking for.....period.The fact is our biological computer brain behaves just like a quantum computer and this is why the two off competing reasonings reach a nihilistic stalemate.As I have mentioned one needs to understand how one relates to the two off main conscious states.I don’t assume this ...I know this.
maxdancona

Sat 14 Nov, 2020 04:24 pm
@Jasper10,
Quote:
The fact is our biological computer brain behaves just like a quantum computer

As a computer engineer... this statement is completely untrue. A human mind works nothing like a quantum computer.
Jasper10

Sat 14 Nov, 2020 04:37 pm
@maxdancona,
It does when you factor in the consciousness states and reasonings.
maxdancona

Sat 14 Nov, 2020 07:08 pm
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

It does when you factor in the consciousness states and reasonings.

Quantum computers do not have either consciousness states or reasonings.

You are just making random things up in a topic you know nothing about.

Jasper10

Sun 15 Nov, 2020 01:55 am
@maxdancona,
The human brain/mind interaction does behave like a quantum computer when you introduce consciousness and reasonings...period.To bring oneself in synch or into the moment takes effort/energy.If one doesn’t put this effort in then one remains in the rest state or autopilot consciousness state or computer IDLE state because there is no one at the controls.The computer is perfectly able to operate in this mode until the individual wants to change the consciousness state or if there is an emergency whereby the computer is unable to resolve a pressing problem...it will then switch the consciousness state to manual and the individual will need to take the controls whether they like it or not or are capable of doing so.This is exactly what happens when people have nervous breakdowns or a computer crash.The computer having handed all responsibility over to the
individual.As the the individual has no idea how to “fly the plane” so to speak it goes into total free fall.
Jasper10

Sun 15 Nov, 2020 08:23 am
@Jasper10,
I am not making random things up I know exactly what I am talking about.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Sun 15 Nov, 2020 09:18 am
@Jasper10,
Ok I get it.

You are saying "quantum" when you mean "magical". You are proposing that there is some magical computer that has consciousness and reasonings as part of their magical powers. I would still object to the idea that the brain is a computer (it isn't)... but if you are talking about a magical computer that acts like a brain, I suppose I can't argue.

I have a physics degree, and I work as a software engineer. I have actually studied Quantum Physics, and I have solved problems using differential equations and Schrodinger's equation... that is what real Quantum physics is about.

It is a pet peeve of mine, when people who couldn't solve basic calculus problems and have never taken a college level physics course start throwing around physics terms when they clearly don't know what they mean. I feel that Quantum shouldn't be used a magical term.... but I realize that I can't stop you.

This has nothing to do with the science of quantum mechanics, nor the engineering of computers.

But you can talk about your magical little computers that think like brains. I just want to make sure that no one mistakes this for reality.
Jasper10

Sun 15 Nov, 2020 09:37 am
@maxdancona,
There is absolutely nothing magical about it at all, this is real stuff.Transitioning from mainly living in the subconscious 0’0 state to living in the more conscious 1’1 state takes effort that you clearly have no experiential knowledge of whatsoever.
hightor

Sun 15 Nov, 2020 09:41 am
@maxdancona,
How long before he brings up Heisenberg?
0 Replies

maxdancona

Sun 15 Nov, 2020 09:52 am
@Jasper10,
Good we have an understanding.

1. You understand about "transitioning from mainly living in the subconscious state to live in the more conscious 11 state". I will freely admit that I have no clue what you are talking about.

2. I understand how the science of quantum physics (because I have actually studied it). It is clear that you have absolutely no clue of what you are talking about.

I won't argue with you about transitioning subconscious states, if you don't argue with me about actual physics.
Jasper10

Sun 15 Nov, 2020 10:07 am
@maxdancona,
I am not arguing with you.I do know about quantum physics and how it relates to things especially the brain/mind/reasonings/conscious states connections (among many other things).As I have said scientists know nothing about consciousness states and are reluctant to find out because it will open up stuff that they would prefer not to be opened up.
maxdancona

Sun 15 Nov, 2020 10:26 am
@Jasper10,
Quote:
.I do know about quantum physics

Can you explain to me how you gained this knowledge of quantum physics?

Again, I think the word "quantum" for you has nothing to do with solving the wave equation (which involves a knowledge of partial differential equations). You are using the word "quantum" to mean "magical".

You are using scientific terminology to refer to something that has absolutely nothing to do with science. That is the only gripe I have.

Jasper10

Sun 15 Nov, 2020 11:07 am
@maxdancona,
By reasoning ; logic and awareness and coming into an understanding of how one relates to ones mind and how the brain/mind interacts.This is not magical stuff.Why do you think that science has nothing to do with the mind/reasoning/consciousness states? It is absolutely related at the quantum level and every other level.One is totally embroiled within the physical.One (the You) needs to be untangled.
maxdancona

Sun 15 Nov, 2020 11:16 am
@Jasper10,
Quote:
By reasoning ; logic and awareness and coming into an understanding of how one relates to ones mind

This is the definition of magic. You have secret knowledge that just came to you that the scientists either ignore or can't understand. You didn't go to university to gain this secret knowledge... it just came to you.

Science is testable; everything in science has to be proven by experiment or observation. And for any theory in science, a scientist has to provide a way to disprove the theory (i.e. provide experimental results that would make the theory invalid).

Magic is not testable. Once you have a magical principle, it becomes truth. You can not tell me a set of experimental data that would disprove your belief.

Jasper10

Sun 15 Nov, 2020 11:29 am
@maxdancona,
It is not magical at all.It is testable by the individual.Just because something is not understood or the individual has not yet come into the awareness of it doesn’t make it magical.The truth is man doesn’t know enough about the brain/mind/ consciousness states interactions.If he did then there wouldn’t be so much mental health problems in society that on the whole are only masked by pill popping.
maxdancona

Sun 15 Nov, 2020 11:36 am
@Jasper10,
How is this different than magic?

- Magic is testable only by the individual.
- Magic is something that we don't understand.
- Magic provides explanations for things that trouble us.

What you are describing, is magic. In any case, it isn't science.

My only gripe is that you are using scientific terminology. You don't understand these terms in the scientific sense (if I gave you problems on quantum states, you wouldn't be able to solve them). And yet you are using these scientific terms to refer to something that isn't science.

If you stop doing that, then I stop objecting.
Jasper10

Sun 15 Nov, 2020 11:49 am
@maxdancona,
It is not magical that one can experience/know/ be aware of which of the two main consciousness states one is in,in any given moment or that one can shift one’s consciousness state from autopilot to manual.

This is quite common knowledge in psychology and therefore not magical.

The above is something that an individual can understand and agreement reached with another individual that it is possible to know this stuff and put it into practice.

The above stuff is not magical but it is related to science absolutely.
maxdancona

Sun 15 Nov, 2020 12:37 pm
@Jasper10,
Can you provide a link to a psychology text that talks about the "two main consciousness states"?

This might be a part of psychology. I have never heard of it. But then, my education is in physics, not in psychology. If you provide a link that will explain to me the psychological concept you are referring to, I would find that interesting.
Jasper10

Sun 15 Nov, 2020 12:40 pm
@maxdancona,
Just key in autopilot and psychology together in the search link.There is loads of stuff on it.