Music to soothe dogs with

Col Man

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 09:26 pm
AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - Help is at hand for pet owners and their neighbours troubled by barking dogs -- soothing recordings of "new age"-style music blended with sounds of nature.

"Piano music with twittering birds and murmuring water apparently has a soothing effect on dogs," said a spokesman for LindeTree, the company marketing the new age CD.

"The owner can put it on whenever he leaves the house or needs some peace of mind."

The firm's idea was inspired by research at the University of Belfast into the effect of different types of music on 50 dogs: heavy metal songs caused them to howl and growl; classical music calmed them down.

link : http://uk.news.yahoo.com/040908/80/f260n.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 481 • Replies: 4
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 09:35 pm
But if the owner is home and puts on that music, he or she will go out of his mind.
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 09:39 pm
hehe
maybe they should develop head phones for the dog Very Happy
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 09:39 pm
The only music my dog hears around my house is LOUD alternative rock music and she's relatively calm and quiet. She only barks if someone approaches our house.

I think the LindeTree Company has a money making schtick going on that only guillable pet owners will buy.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 07:19 am
We used to put on WBOS for our dogs when we were out - sounds of the 80s. Seemed to help.
0 Replies