Fried chicken made at home is our staple dish for every weekend!
Here's what I do:
- Submerge chicken pieces in buttermilk and leave in fridge overnight for the flavor to seep in.
- In a paper bag separately, mix together salt, pepper and flour along with tabasco.
- Coat the chicken pieces kept in fridge overnight with the above mixture.
- Heat some oil and place the chicken into it (the oil is just hot enough when it begins to bubble immediately when a piece of chicken is put into it).
- Lower the heat and allow it to fry for about 12-15 minutes in bubbling oil. After that, turn the pieces over and let it fry for the same duration of time again.
- Drain, add some salt and lemon juice to it and serve.