Yahoo Messenger problems

Montana

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 06:58 pm
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but I'm sure it'll be moved if it's not.

2 questions.

#1. I downloaded a yahoo security update a few weeks back and have been having problems with my messenger since. My problem is that sometimes I can't send or recieve messeges as if it's in a frozen state. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Does anyone know what might be causing this?

#2. One of my friends on my yahoo messenger was telling me that when we write to eachother, he can't see my name next to my response. I can see my name next to all my response to him on my end, but he can't see mine. Anyone know why this is?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,663 • Replies: 4
No top replies

roger

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 08:40 pm
Clueless. Uh, what yahoo security update? I haven't heard of one being offered. I do see your light on, from time to time, and will give a holler - even if you're out picking green beans or something.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 08:22 am
LOL. Thanks Roger. I talk to a friend of mine last night and a friend of his suggested I uninstall the messenger and reinstall the latest updated one and I've done that. I haven't tried it yet, but when I do, I'll let you know how it's going.
0 Replies

hihp

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 01:52 pm
Well, Gessy, if you plan reinstalling anyway, you might give an alternative version a try...

E.g. there's Trillian, which actually supports multiple messeger systems, so you could e.g. be onlien with Yahoo and ICQ and MSN at the same time and have one big contact list with all your contacts from the different systems...

(They also offer a pay version, but the Basic Version of Trillian is free.)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 06:19 pm
Thanks hihp. I'll check that out :-D
0 Replies