Where you live now....

husker

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 12:07 pm
Ever run into someone from your old hometown after moving here (where you live now)?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,081 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 12:10 pm
Nope. Most of the people from where I lived in NY retire to the east coast of Florida. I went to the west coast!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 12:32 pm
Yes, I did, more than once. One time at work, a guy from high school. Another time, I looked across the patio at a restaurant in Sausalito and my old next door neighbor and good friend was sitting there. A girl I knew in high school showed up at my gym once as well.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 12:56 pm
Now where I currently live but I did run into a guy I went through high school with in that airport in Fairbanks, AK a few years back. It was sort of odd running into him there after 20 years (we went to high school in Bridgeport, CT).
0 Replies

hebba

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 01:28 pm
Never.Worcestershire folks donĀ“t,as far as I can fathom,travel to Denmark.
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 04:34 pm
I've lived in the same place most of my life. To answer your question in reverse, there have been several times when I was on a trip and saw someone from my hometown (which isn't really big, about 40,000.)

One time, I was at Sea World in San Diego and who should I happen upon? The head honcho of the company where I work. Sometimes it's hard to get away from it all!
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 05:47 pm
Not from my home town. 'Tis very small. I'll occasionally run into people I went to college with, though. Happened in this particular town about a year ago. I was in a hurry, so I got her number -- then lost it. Katherine, if you're out there...

The weirdest, though, was not so far from the college town. Was walking down a street in San Francisco when a guy I knew just walked up and said "hey" like it was nothing. We exchanged about three words and then he wandered off again. Have seen him again recently in a commercial. A couple of folks I knew in school have shown up on T.V...
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 08:10 pm
Yes. We knew alot of the same people, were on the same party circuit back home, but we didn't know each other personally. When we ran into each other here, seeing a familiar face was great. We chatted for quite awhile but made no attempts to keep in touch.
0 Replies