Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 12:18 pm
Drop some music with talking guitars or samples of speeches from famous people not associated with the band or the making of the song:

This one has both. Snippets of Stephen Hawkings and incredibly babbling guitar solos....

((off-handed note: this version sounds a hundred times better than the 1995 Spotify live version))
Pink Floyd and Keep Talking (1994)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 729 • Replies: 7

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 01:01 pm
mark
Ragman

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 01:55 pm
@InfraBlue,
Knopfler
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 11:36 pm

Talky guitar at 3:00.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 09:41 pm
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 09:46 pm
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 09:57 pm
Carter USM. At about 3:50 they drop in Ian Dury doing quotes from The Man Of La Mancha. Beautiful.

Quote:
I have lived almost fifty years, and I've seen life as it is: pain, misery, hunger, cruelty beyond belief, I have heard the singing from taverns and moans from the bundles of filth in the streets.

I've been a soldier, and seen my comrades fall in battle, or die more slowly under the lash in Africa. I've held them in my arms at the final moment. These were men who saw life as it is, yet they died, despairing - no glory, no gallant last words, only their eyes filled with confusion, wimpering, questioning.

Why? I do not think they asked why they were dying, but why they had ever lived.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2016 09:47 pm
Early 90s oz alt rockers RatCat underlay this entire song with audio from Mission control during the Challenger disaster. It's actually quite moving.
0 Replies