How do you take your hot dog?

giujohn

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2016 08:39 am
@tsarstepan,
Looks pretty good... The only thing is I can never get into that tomatoes on the hot dog thing. Just give me some chopped onions and spicy mustard and I'm a happy camper.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2016 08:59 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

It's almost impossible to imagine this not going wrong

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=2xNXn_kwhic[/youtube]

Wow, that sure is a lot of work to eat a hotdog...
ehBeth

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2016 09:02 am
@giujohn,
that's why I'd do a bisquik or similar version - I think a hot dog tornado would be fun

hot dogs are mostly condiment carriers for me - so having the bun baked right into the dog makes it simpler Smile
giujohn

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2016 09:14 am
@ehBeth,
What is a hot dog tornado?
For me a nice steamed fluffy bun is 50% of the equation when I eat a hotdog. If it's a good quality bun sometimes I use absolutely no condiments whatsoever. A nice poppy seed bun comes to mind.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2016 09:41 am
@giujohn,
generally , in food terms , a tornado is something that has been spiral cut. potato tornados are probably the best known

http://i.imgur.com/T0AlAD2.jpg

someone came up with the idea of spiral-cutting a hot dog or sausage and wrapping dough around the spiral - they're generally deep-fried, but there are some recipes where they're baked/grilled/bbq'd
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2016 02:01 pm
Hebrew National or Nathan's?
Roberta

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2016 02:33 pm
@giujohn,
Nathan's first. Then Hebrew National. Are there other kinds?
giujohn

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2016 03:11 pm
@Roberta,
Well I prefer Hebrew National over Nathan's I've been told that Boars Head is pretty good but I haven't tried it yet... also Ballpark hot dogs score pretty good

Has anyone ever had the chili cheese dogs at Der Wienerschnitzel? When I lived in the southwest I used to love them I could eat 6 at a time they weren't very big. I can't get them out here in New York
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2020 11:55 am
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2021 03:31 pm
@tsarstepan,
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2021 04:34 pm
mark
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2021 08:35 am
roger

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2021 04:00 pm
@tsarstepan,
Okay, what do you do after your dog is vaporized or dissolved?
izzythepush

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2021 08:17 am
@roger,
Post a video of it on YouTube.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2021 11:13 am
I'm a vegetarian and haven't had a hot dog in 20 years.
However, bratwursts are another thing, and they are kind of in the hot dog family, all be it the wealthier branch of the family.

I'm from Wisconsin, and the bratwurst is a sort of official food of Wisconsin. I understand that. Although I spent the first sixteen years of my life in Wisconsin, I only had occasion to eat bratwurst once, and it was one of the culinary experiences in my early life that I remember. I live in Texas now and bratwurst is not a big thing down here, it's all barbecue, chili and such, stuff that I don't eat anyway.

But someday I hope to return to Wisconsin and eat more bratwurst. It's something about Wisconsin that I remember with fondness.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2021 01:49 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Okay, what do you do after your dog is vaporized or dissolved?

Umm...? Dissolve some sauteed onions and a hot dog roll. Maybe mix the dissolved water with this dissolved material and garnish it with a splash of mustard and sauerkraut and make a hot dog cocktail?
roger

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2021 04:12 pm
@tsarstepan,
urp
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2021 04:24 pm
Personally I like chili dogs Cool
roger

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2021 04:49 pm
@jcboy,
Me too, as long as I'm wearing old clothes.
jcboy

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2021 04:55 pm
@roger,
And I make my own chili, not that Hormel stuff out of a can. Cool Always a no bean chili for the chili dogs.