How do you take your hot dog?

giujohn

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2016 08:39 am
@tsarstepan,
Looks pretty good... The only thing is I can never get into that tomatoes on the hot dog thing. Just give me some chopped onions and spicy mustard and I'm a happy camper.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2016 08:59 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

It's almost impossible to imagine this not going wrong

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=2xNXn_kwhic[/youtube]

Wow, that sure is a lot of work to eat a hotdog...
ehBeth

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2016 09:02 am
@giujohn,
that's why I'd do a bisquik or similar version - I think a hot dog tornado would be fun

hot dogs are mostly condiment carriers for me - so having the bun baked right into the dog makes it simpler Smile
giujohn

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2016 09:14 am
@ehBeth,
What is a hot dog tornado?
For me a nice steamed fluffy bun is 50% of the equation when I eat a hotdog. If it's a good quality bun sometimes I use absolutely no condiments whatsoever. A nice poppy seed bun comes to mind.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2016 09:41 am
@giujohn,
generally , in food terms , a tornado is something that has been spiral cut. potato tornados are probably the best known

http://i.imgur.com/T0AlAD2.jpg

someone came up with the idea of spiral-cutting a hot dog or sausage and wrapping dough around the spiral - they're generally deep-fried, but there are some recipes where they're baked/grilled/bbq'd
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2016 02:01 pm
Hebrew National or Nathan's?
Roberta

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2016 02:33 pm
@giujohn,
Nathan's first. Then Hebrew National. Are there other kinds?
giujohn

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2016 03:11 pm
@Roberta,
Well I prefer Hebrew National over Nathan's I've been told that Boars Head is pretty good but I haven't tried it yet... also Ballpark hot dogs score pretty good

Has anyone ever had the chili cheese dogs at Der Wienerschnitzel? When I lived in the southwest I used to love them I could eat 6 at a time they weren't very big. I can't get them out here in New York
0 Replies