Catholic remarried couples should abstain from sex

mystikmind

Reply Tue 19 Mar, 2019 07:53 pm
@maxdancona,
well, no, it is a massive religious obsession.... i am honestly surprised humanity has managed to survive as a species given the huge obsession of religion to forbid and control sex. I am actually a Christian myself... but honestly, i am tired of that no sex obsession, seriously tired of it.... not to mention being a little bitter, since my youth was ruined by that ****, i was a virgin up to the age of 29.... and for what? Nothing good came of that, just regrets. Sad, and pointless.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 19 Mar, 2019 08:18 pm
I had no idea!!!

"Feminists have the same opposition to enjoying sex even though many of them don't believe in God. Humans of all stripes seem to want to control sexuality for the people around them."

Have the Feminists been told about this????
izzythepush

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2019 05:45 am
@glitterbag,
You never knew Max was a victim of evil feminists trying to stop him having sex?

You must be the only person on the planet who doesn't know.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2019 07:47 am
@glitterbag,
I don't seem much difference between modern feminism and earlier puritanical religious rules. They all want to regulate what books people can read, what music people can listen to, what people jokes people can make, what people can say...

Modern feminism has taken the sexual restrictions of earlier religions and just rebranded them. The narrative is always the same... sexual desire is a masculine trait, and thus society must make rules to protect the innocence of women from being defiled.
mystikmind

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2019 03:25 pm
@maxdancona,
I think your talking about 'political correctness' ? .... and no doubt there is allot of bizarre **** and hypocrisy going on under that banner, but it is a bit of a stretch to try and fit it into this particular discussion dont you think?
maxdancona

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2019 03:35 pm
@mystikmind,
No.... it isn't a stretch at all to point out the similarities between modern political liberals and religions. This is particularly true when it comes to the desire to control sexuality.

Here we have a bunch of political liberals throwing mud at religions in spite of the fact that they do same thing. Turnabout is fair play.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2019 03:38 pm
@maxdancona,
What's the problem Max???? Do women constantly reject you? It may not have anything to do with their sense of self-respect or politics, it may simply be they don't find you appealing.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2019 04:12 pm
@glitterbag,
I have no problem with women. My problem is with feminists. Fortunately most women are not feminists, and I do just fine. (It is not that hard to bed a feminist. You just have to wear the right buttons and talk about how bad the patriarchy is. But other women are more interesting. )

I respect intelligent women who think for themselves. I don't respect feminists.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2019 04:27 pm
My serious point is that it is easy to criticize the deeply held beliefs of other people, and not so easy when your own deeply held beliefs are questioned.

Every society has felt a need to control sexuality, including our socially liberal Western society. Sometimes these needs are legitimate... if a society needs a high birth rate to survive, you need to have social pressure or encouragement to reproduce. Societies also need to regulate family relationships and the social rules around marriage and child rearing. Our society is no different.

These superficial attacks on Catholicism and marriage; a religion that stems from Western Europe that shares many of our modern views of marriage and family, are a little hypocritical.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2019 04:29 pm
I have one biological child, and two that I raised who didn't receive any of my genetic material.

I love and am proud of all three of them.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2019 05:04 pm
@maxdancona,
I'm sure the feminists will be heart broken.....but fortunately most men aren't like you.
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2019 08:45 pm
I kinda like liv-in-luva's idea that people should abstain on sheets until we get down to a manageable 10,000 breeding pairs.
0 Replies