Vintage Mercedes sells for millions

Col Man

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 12:59 pm
Vintage Mercedes sells for millions

LONDON (Reuters) - A Mercedes Benz which for years was kept in a farm building has become the second most expensive car in the world after it sold for 4.1 million pounds.

The two-seater sports car, made in 1929, was sold to an anonymous buyer at an auction at Goodwood on Friday.

It was one of several cars owned by George Milligen, a private collector who died this year after amassing a collection of vintage cars on his farm in Norfork.

He bought it for a few hundred pounds in 1941, at the height of World War Two, when almost no one in Britain would buy a German car.

The Mercedes Benz SKK was one of only 36 ever made.

The world's most expensive car remains a 1930 Bugatti Type 41 Royale, one of only six made, which sold at auction in 1987 for 5.5 million pounds.

link : http://uk.news.yahoo.com/040903/80/f1wgb.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 324 • Replies: 1
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 02:54 pm
Where would you drive a car that costs c. $7 million? One dent and there's $800,000 worth of damage. My '96 Totota, on the other hand, a dent would cost $20 if I get it fixed at all! I think I have the better deal.
0 Replies