On Wikipedia, should people's days of existence have pages, not just general histories?

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 09:56 am
Wikipedia features pages of people. But it's always of their whole history. What if there were pages devoted to just days of a person's existence?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 780 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 10:34 am
It might be tedious and difficult to achieve, for no clear benefit.
Thomas33

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 10:48 am
@Tes yeux noirs,
It would be difficult to achieve. The system would be at risk of overload.
Do you think the majority of people would want to see Wikipedia do something like this?
0 Replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 11:05 am
I do not think so.
0 Replies

xxricexx

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 07:10 pm
Any major incident in a person's life (famous or otherwise) that has (worthy or otherwise) a wikipedia entry will most likely already be documented. If there's something specific (day 10950, he/she made pancakes that were uber amazing) that was noteworthy then you can add that to the wiki page yourself.
Thomas33

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 08:36 pm
@xxricexx,
What about the idea of a page for everyone on Earth? And on that page could be details such as perceptions of nature, or favourite movies and why, or sources of depression?
Tes yeux noirs

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 11:45 pm
What about 100 pages for each second? About each cell of their body? How far to pursue this? Why?
roger

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2016 12:27 am
@Tes yeux noirs,
That still wouldn't match screen names to real names, addresses, and so forth.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2016 01:33 am
@Thomas33,
What makes you think everybody on earth wants a page?
How would you know what is on that page is really the truth?
My family and friends know about me - the rest of the world does not have to.
Thomas33

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2016 05:57 am
@saab,
I think it would be helpful if everyone on Earth was if not asked individually, at least represented by some global initiative.
Another initiative I believe in is the UN stating that each individual is the Universe; I suppose this initiative would be alongside it.

Do you have a perception of nature that you want others to know about - or if not a perception per se, an experience of nature that inspired you?
Tes yeux noirs

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2016 06:06 am
@Thomas33,
Quote:
Another initiative I believe in is the UN stating that each individual is the Universe

Why should the UN state such a crazy thing?
Thomas33

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2016 06:48 am
@Tes yeux noirs,
Because reality is dependency, and the universe as an identity representative of dependency is better than any other identity that's representative of dependency.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2016 11:46 am
You gonna pay for it?
Wikipedia is always trying to raise funds to pay for servers, storage and so on. I think I see a fundraiser in your future. Better get on it.
0 Replies