Mariah Carey listeners.. What happened??? :(

mchol

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 09:59 pm
Growing up I listened to Mariah Carey. She as my favorite singer, and was for a long time. Her voice was a presence in itself. She could infulence her voice to be strong and full of power and then suddenly make it the most gentle breeze. She was a role model to me. She lulled me to sleep at night with songs such as "One Sweet Day." She had me dancin' and groovin' to "Sweetheart," had me singin' along with her with "Always Be My Baby," and "Dreamlover," and gave me a sense of courage with "Hero."

Then when "Butterfly" came out, I thought, "Damn, this is so cheap." I thought she sold out to Pop and that was a real dissapointment. I pretty much didn't listen to anything from her after that, other than "Through The Rain." She signed up with Busta Rhymes to make that mediocre and plain song I can give it to you. I really liked the songs where she collaborated with Babyface.

Does anyone else miss the old Mariah? What do you think happened??
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 775 • Replies: 4
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 10:10 pm
I think Mariah had a complete meltdown mentally.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 10:42 pm
She had the mental breakdown, but she did get over that quickly. It happened about the time she released her movie, and the publicity tours and all the promotion was too much.

It's important for a star to keep in the public eye, and she couldn't during this period, so that would hurt her career somewhat.

Compounding the problem is the fact that she changed record labels. This doesn't sound like much, but it is significant.

The company makes many decisions on how that record ends up sounding. Ask any artist. Apparently her new record company just doesn't have the feel for her talents that her old one did. She used to be married to the president of her old company, Tommy Mottola. That might have something to do with it.
0 Replies

Raisa

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 09:23 am
I like her "hero" very much, & "when you believe", it really gives me so much inspiration. Everytime I heard them, I will have the courage to do anything!
Expect her new peak!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 09:28 am
all stars have peaks and valleys...if they can climb out of the valley and reach the top again....they change categories from stars to true artists....we'll see what happens.....either way....I'd do her.....and I'm sure she'd consider it Rolling Eyes Laughing
0 Replies