Toggling between different Caller-IDs ...

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2016 12:47 am
Hello !

I have 2 different Skype Phone Numbers, one in the U.S. and one in Australia.

I make Calls frequently to BOTH Countries and need to change my Caller ID often, sometimes with each Call.

Apparently there is no Feature for a quick Caller-ID Change in the Skype Platform.

Here are the Instructions for changing the Caller ID Settings in the Skype Help Section:

"How do I change my caller identification settings?
To change your caller identification settings:
Sign in to your account.
In the Manage features section, click Caller ID.
To turn Caller ID on or off, use the toggle at the left side of the screen.
To change your Caller ID number, click Edit next to your number.
To change your caller identification to a previously used Skype Number or mobile number, select the number that you require from the drop-down list displayed and click Save Settings."

There are two major PROBLEMS here:

1. The above-described Steps are too complicated and Time-consuming. A simple Toggle-Switch in the Platform should be installed.

2. The above-described Method does NOT work. Following the Instructions, and entering my Australian Phone Number (a Number issued by Skype !!!) yields the following Message: "The mobile phone number that you entered is incorrect, please try again."

This is TERRIBLE !

Microsoft, please fix this !!!

Any Suggestions or Solutions are appreciated !

Thank You

P.S. I have posted this on the Skype Community 3 Weeks ago (as of the Date of this Posting), and have not yet received a single Response to that.

jespah

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2016 07:24 am
So, you frequently change your caller IDs why, exactly? Could it be to send unwanted phone calls to people? After all, your identity doesn't change on a daily basis, now, does it?
BabuBaba

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2016 10:04 pm
@jespah,
Jespah !

The Reason for the Need to toggle between Caller-IDs is simple, and should be obvious from my Text:
When I call someone in the U.S., I display my U.S. Caller-ID, and when I call someone in Australia, I would like to display my Australian Caller-ID. This makes it easier for the Call Recipient to call me back.

Think about it: if You lived in the U.S., would You want to call someone back in Australia (or vice versa) ?
This could be very costly for international Calling Rates, and may not be possible at all (depending on the Mobile or Landline Service Provider) !
Would You even answer the Call from a non-U.S. Number ?

If I wanted to "send unwanted phone calls to people" as You insinuated, I would simply block my Caller-ID.

Yours is not a very nice Response, an Insult, and certainly not helpful !!!

jespah

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 04:04 am
@BabuBaba,
Why wouldn't I want to call someone back in Australia if they lived in Australia?

I'm sorry if you feel insulted, but I get spam phone calls on my landline all day long, and they are from people who obscure their real numbers.
0 Replies