THE AFUZZ EFFECT

Setanta

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 05:48 pm
It was just that in your earlier post when you asked how someone would react to all caps, and whether or not they would get used to it, it wasn't immediately apparent that you did know that. At this site, i've seen the practice condemned more readily than anywhere else i've been, and thought i would point it out to you. I meant no affront by it . . .
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 05:51 pm
Setanta- What I find even worse than all caps, are people who write long posts without paragraph breaks. It drives me nuts!
0 Replies

hihp

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 05:51 pm
Well... actually, what you say is my point exactly :-) Using all caps is... at least odd. If not impolite.

I'm not saying using all bold letters is impolite - I just say that to me it feels similar to all caps. So it struck me as odd. Which is why I asked. That's all.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 05:53 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Setanta- What I find even worse than all caps, are people who write long posts without paragraph breaks. It drives me nuts!

I'm with ya on that one, and i usually just don't read them.
0 Replies

hihp

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 05:55 pm
Hehe... what drives me nuts is when people who write in German use all lower letters... I mean, to English speakers that doesn't really seem like a bad thing, but if you read a language where all nouns are supposed to have a capital first letter, your eye is used to that - and if people don't do it, then, it's annoying.

Especially because they always give the same answers when asked why they do it:
- "it's easier for me to type all lowercase letters"
- "oh, you guys are just looking for the way it's written and not for the content!"
- "using all lowercase is pretty usual throughout the internet, just go to all the English-speaking parts of the internet!"

All of these are non-arguments, of course.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 05:58 pm
when I see a post with all caps, I cover my ears....I just hate yelling. But your bold letters, Phoenix, are nice......the green is good and it's you now, so you can't change it.

It's like my avatar. I once tried to change it and got so much objection, that I decided I would just keep it. It does express an aspect of my personality that I love and am proud of......so.

That's it too. There were no avatars on Abuzz.....that's why I left.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 06:03 pm
Phoenixs' script is bold, firm and colorful. Just like a Brooklyn girl.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 06:23 pm
Yeah! Very Happy
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 06:27 pm
Eva--

That's not "orange" or "yellow". That's gold--very suitable for a goddess.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 06:34 pm
BBB
bookmark
0 Replies

hihp

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 06:49 pm
Hey, BumbleBeeBoogie, what is this "bookmark" for?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 06:53 pm
By posting the bookmark, Boss, she assures that this thread will show up in the list of "Your Posts", a link for which appears in the upper right hand corner of the page. This enables her to assure that she can check in to see new posts when she has been gone for a while. As the list names the last member posting and the time and date, she can see at a glance if there is anything new she wants to check out.
0 Replies

hihp

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 06:54 pm
Ah, okay... so it's for people who don't use email updates, I assume.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 06:57 pm
Yeah, i don't do that, i don't want the e-mails filling up my e-mail box, and that's important. Sometimes, i go all weekend without posting. On some days, though, i might post to dozens of different threads. In either case, i could easily run over my e-mail box capacity in a few days.

You will also see people post "BM" or just some nonsense, so that it will appear in their "Your Posts" list, and allow the ease of tracking.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 07:08 pm
I prefer "fly-speck". :wink:
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 05:23 am
Since everyone seems to have a pet peeve I will give you mine. I am color blind and at times people have printed in off colors, have no idea what they are. In those instances they, as far as I am concerned, may just as well have been printed with invisible ink.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » THE AFUZZ EFFECT
  3. » Page 5
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 03:22:44