THE AFUZZ EFFECT

Setanta

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 11:29 pm
Even a casual perusal of the contributions which we have had from many of our new members in the last week or so is rather sad. It appears that an entire host of flamers and trolls have followed the bread crumbs to this site. Brace yerselves, goys and birls, we're about to be hit with a cyber-hurricane of (for this site) unprecedented proportions. So far, it appears that the most of them are right wingnuts, although i'm sure that we'll have a full share of left wing lunatic fringe institutional escapees as well.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,756 • Replies: 95
No top replies

msolga

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 11:39 pm
Ah. I was wondering .....
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 01:54 am
Are those people who know less history than Hollywood producers from Abuzz, do you think?

0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 02:57 am
Quick, Craven!!! Lower the Cone of Silence!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 04:47 am
as my grandpap used to say 9He was from Ukraine)
'If the wolf comes to your door, invite him in and get your skinning knife"

Well if he didnt say it he should have.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 04:59 am
I'm not worried. I think that the trolls will find out quickly that A2K doesn't appreciate flamers, and will find another place to do their dirty work!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 06:05 am
Heeheeheeheeheeheeheeheehee . . .

you do a fine job with the bucolic humor, FM . . .
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 06:30 am
Afuzz is still on the air, Set.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 06:56 am
What? I can't hear you Mr Stillwater
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 07:46 am
But it is about to shut down. Maybe we can give those who come over a saliva test to weed out the mad dogs. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 07:53 am
i suggest we should require a 500 word essay, on the topic of their choice, prior to acceptance for membership; that should weed out the 'four letter max' set, and allow the others to bury themselves before getting in!

[or we could just continue the policy of 'freedom of speech'; ..........nah!]
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 08:05 am
Heh heh, good idea, Bo. I was about to suggest something about Miller, but your idea far more impresses me.

0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 08:12 am
thanks 'D'; i would love to read yours; probably worth publishing! :wink:

[make that "thanks Drom; the 'D' just doesn't fit your personality - too "Beach Blanket Bingo"ish!]
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 08:13 am
gimme the blender ---were gonna be doin some DNA testing. were gonna sort out all these inbreds and clones
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 08:18 am
D'NA test ana'one, laddy; we'll just "send in the whole grain breads" to seek out the cons.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 08:29 am
If I wasn't already on your list of "flamers and trolls" I'm sure this statement will get me there.

Or instead of an essay you could all just start another website and name it:

We Will Defend your Freedom of Speech as Long as You Don't Use it Here Because We are all Smarter Than You and Above Talking to You.

Then you can develop a secret handshake. You could even start a whole new city named after your website (just add "city" to the end of it). That way you could keep out all the trash and you wouldn't ever have to be burdened by people lesser than you again. You could live in We're Smarter Than You Paradise and be secure in the knowledge that you are with others of your kind.

Or, you could just choose to ignore any comments you find trollish. Most people just like getting a rise out of you and will just go away on their own if they don't get the attention they want so badly.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 08:35 am
Are you suggesting there's a hierarchy on A2k? Shame on you...tisk tisk
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 08:36 am
Quote:
Or, you could just choose to ignore any comments you find trollish. Most people just like getting a rise out of you and will just go away on their own if they don't get the attention they want so badly.

jpinMilwaukee - From that remark I must conclude that you have not had the dubious "pleasure" of scrolling through 99% flamers, trolls, and various and sundry miscreants, before you could find a thread to which you would want to post.

In other words, you did not see Abuzz turn from a fantastic site, into a sewer.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 08:37 am
errrrrrrrrrr, isn't this 'the other website' that someone already started to get away from it all?

why yes it could well be
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 08:42 am
(Nice "e" on the end there, jp!)

Let me say again I know I've said it before hush bear with me -- a)I LIKE having people with opposing views around, gets boring without 'em, b) I especially like having non-trolly people with oposing views around, and so like to make them feel welcome, c) what Phoenix said, and d) I personally am allergic to the witch-hunty stuff. (You were _____ on Abuzz, weren't ya? Fess up!!) That's happened here so many times and sometimes it's true, sometimes it's not, (the "how did you find A2K?" poll is overwhelmingly "Google" these days), who cares?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » THE AFUZZ EFFECT
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 03:23:38