Michael Jackson ??? What's up??

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 06:19 pm
Thanks, Jespah, for the update re MJ's status as not a space alien. I suppose in his case it's a good idea for his friends to reiterate the point every now and then...
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 10:21 pm
What a strange man! I worry about the children in his "care".

This is from the London Variety as reported on Netscape News:

Quote:
One TV executive branded the documentary the "longest suicide note in history."

It makes one wonder. Surely he can't be a very happy person.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 10:34 pm
one sick puppy......
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2003 12:51 am
Did you see the interview on ABC tonight? Bizarre!
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2003 04:50 am
Yes. I did see the interview! Mad
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2003 08:50 am
I did see the interview last night - very disturbing.
So I wonder if he's also really a millionaire or billionaire? The way he spends money- if he's only a millionaire he'll run out soon.
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2003 09:06 am
husker, that's a thought I had too. I would guess he gets nearly constant royalties from his music, but if he frequently spends money like he did in the interview, he could be in financial trouble some day.

Something else I'm wondering. Early in the interview he said his baby "Blanket" was conceived from a relationship he had with a woman. Much later on he said the mother was a surrogate and that he had donated his sperm. Did you catch that, or did I misunderstand?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2003 09:25 am
I caught that also but thought maybe he was trying to confuse things a little for us. He seemingly wants to present victim\innocent mentality.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2003 09:25 am
You heard it exactly the way I did, chatoyant.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2003 09:26 am
I'm waiting for Lola to check in about what she observed.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2003 10:09 am
Update on MJ
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2003 12:16 pm
Thanks for sharing that, Husker. I especially liked that side bar, all about MJ feeling "betrayed" by the documentary. As if.

The man gives new meaning to the word "disingenuous"...
0 Replies

history junkie

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2003 01:29 am
michael jackson
Sleeping in the same bed as your children (or your family'schildren)till teen years is the norm for many cultures /eg. Japan. In general it is not a sexual event and in many ways strenthens the psyche and the family.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2003 04:02 pm
If you say so, history junkie. Only I'm not sure I'm ready to give MJ the benefit of the doubt--some of these kids he's sleeping with aren't his own...
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2003 04:43 pm
There is no doubt in my mind that there is something very wrong about Michael Jackson. I don't even want to comment about the sleeping with children issue. But I do want to discuss his looks.

In the 1980s Jackson would perform with one glove, which everyone concluded was an abberration. Later it was learned that he suffered from vitiligo, a progressive condition that causes progressive white patches on the skin. I would assume that at the start of his condition, he hid it with the glove.

Link to vitiligo information

As his condition worsened, he most probably had treatments to bleach other parts of his skin, to even out his skin tone. He probably uses the white makeup to make his complexion more even.

As far as his nose, I must agree that his cosmetic surgery is bizzare, although no worse than some of my classmates when I was in high
school.

The link I provided shows pictures of some people with vitiligo. If I were him, with his background of abuse by his father, and this disfiguring condition, I don't know what I would have done. I can only have compassion for him in attempting to look normal. Obviously he has not succeeded.
Mr Stillwater

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2003 03:24 am
I dunno, if it were just ONE of those things (the skin condition, the plastic surgery, the surgical masks, sleeping with minors, running a private amusement park, etc), I'd say 'Hey, there's an artist! Flawed, but talented'. However when you get such ALL of these things all focused on a wealthy pop star, I get creeped out.
0 Replies

betty414

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 11:13 pm
@Phoenix32890,
I suffer from vitligo too,my parents went to doctors in many places with the hope of curing me of the disease. However, my conditions did not get any better despite the expense of a lot of money. They decided to have a try and took me to a Chinese hospital. The white patches on my face had improved significantly in less than a month. After reinforcement treatment of experts, I have completely recuperated my health and I have become cheerful. I would like to share this with whoever has the same problems,you can talk to their doctors on the website of vitiligotcm.
0 Replies