A PILL TO WIPE THE CONSCIENCE CLEAN

Diane

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 04:57 pm
Msolga, your concerns are addressed in the article. It describes the positive uses as in PTSD, by removing the horrific memories of the traumatic event that brought on the disorder. A soldier, however, would be a 'perfect killing machine' while on this pill.
How does one judge if the good outweighs the bad?
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 05:06 pm
Gee, in my drugged memory - that is always the priority Diane - does the good outweigh the bad?! Smile
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 10:41 pm
BillW, that should be the question, but do you think the pharmaceutical companies will care, or will they pay their high priced lobbyists to get the OK to start production? That is the real question and I think we all know the answer.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2003 12:00 am
Diane, whatever to make the almight $ - final test, decision made!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2003 12:06 am
Diane wrote:

How does one judge if the good outweighs the bad?

In this sort of circumstance I honestly don't know, Dianne. I would just prefer that no one had to go through such traumatic experiemce, fullstop. How people survive this I can't imagine.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2003 09:09 pm
Agree completely msolga.
After this awful war, there will be more young people with PTSD. We can only hope that they can handle it in the same way BillW did after the last awful war.
For those who can't, this would be a humane solution I think; yet , maybe human suffering shouldn't be tampered with to that extreme.
The other possible uses are almost too chilling to contemplate.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2003 09:34 pm
Don't wish too much for such a pill. We may become the victims of alzeimers. c.i.
0 Replies