cats with thumbs

fortune

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 09:34 pm
Ever see that movie 'American Tale'? It had a song called 'There are no cats in America'.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 09:38 pm
Would that this were true. There are some feral cats in my apartment complex, which i believe were born in a vacant field nearby--they are still juvenile. They are to be seen climbing on the dumpster, although their coats suggest they get good nutrition. They are rather scrawny, but i think they fend for themselves well enough, with warm weather meaning insects and small rodents are in abundance. The coming winter may radically alter their circumstances.

They like to sleep beneath the cars parked here when the sun beats down, and may well learn the trick of climbing under a vehicle to sleep on the cooling but still warm engine block at night--which could get them killed. I look under the jeep whenever leave the place . . .

And they have decide they like me, and they follow me around when i'm outside. I'm alergic, as well as being unimpressed with their credentials as accredited mammals. That's likely an uninformed opinion on my part though, as i associate mammals with a modicum of intelligence, such as i have never seen cats display.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 09:58 pm
One of my favorite pieces of writing ever ever was about cats in the piazza Vittorio Emanuele in Rome, those cats being born of a colony of centuries... Eleanor Clark wrote of it in her book, Rome and a Villa.

I photocopied the pages about the cat colony in the piazza - because I was lecturing on piazzas and like cats - and I think the university secured permission or at least we tried. Since then the book has been reprinted in paperback.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 10:01 pm
I am wildly allergic to cats.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 10:07 pm
So, abu, how do cats work out in the desert...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 10:39 pm
Eccles wrote:
Be honest, rabbit

Who do you think's going to win between a rabbit and a hound dog? Besides which, my dog is extremely sophisticated and technologically minded (notice attached jet pack). I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but your bunny's a stoner.

Ha! I have small tactical nukes, rear-mounted laser cannon, and front-mounted twin bazookas.

And I don't smoke.

So watch it, dog breath.

Oh - and I am 5' 6" in my stockinged feet.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 10:41 pm
Setanta wrote:
I've never read the word before tonight, although i heard it frequently as a child. I always assumed it would be spelt l-a-r-r-u-p-i-n-g . . .

Hmmm - in these latter days, to wit now, in Oz, the word tends to mean masturbating.
0 Replies

Eccles

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 10:42 pm
All the easier for me to duck from you, stoner wabbit

Twin bazookas, hahaha the last guy that described mine that way came close to losing his tactile nuke.

Ewww, that's low, even for me. Ah well, don't think I'll go down that easily.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 11:06 pm
hello..

it does?
0 Replies

Eccles

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 11:21 pm
Dlowan, I just followed your "do not provoke the bunny" link.

HHhhhhmmmmmmm I don;t think I'll be provoking the bunny any further today.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 11:39 pm
Wisdom. Wisdom.
0 Replies

Eccles

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 12:10 am
When the bunny muzzle is finished being made, however ...... Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 02:12 am
Eccles wrote:
Dlowan, I just followed your "do not provoke the bunny" link.

HHhhhhmmmmmmm I don;t think I'll be provoking the bunny any further today.

Eccles - a number of people have "provoked the bunny".

Ain't none of them around here now to tell how they survived.

I wonder why that is????? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 09:53 am
Setanta--

Your spelling is probably correct.

Dlowan--

Sorry for the slur. I'm a miserable, ethnocentric English speaker.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 12:01 pm
boy, ya go way for a day and this thread is allover, next were gonna be doing rabbit recipes(which, I might add, is a wonderful thought)

i am fond of lagamorphs

resting in a pan of broth
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 01:19 pm
howza bout linguini with Lyonnaise lapine sauce?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 03:52 pm
This is a thread about CATS!!!
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 03:59 pm
Not anymore, bunny. Slurp.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 05:18 pm
In an effort to return to the topic at hand, I'm reporting that I don't have an online photo of Mikey's thumbs. I've got a photo, but it's not digitized.

I could send it to somebody who could scan it for me and then send it to me at which point I could post it here. But let's face it. By the time all that transpired, who would care? And this thread would probably be so far off topic that the photo of a cat with a thumb would seem off topic.

I'm rambling. Sorry.

PS, I don't hunt or eat wabbits. I'm a Thumper fan.
0 Replies

Eccles

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 05:38 pm
I don't think that it's a good idea to eat cats, Dlowan, they're too stringy. Rabbits are much tastier
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » cats with thumbs
  3. » Page 4
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 06:12:27